•18•

•Mandy's POV•

"Ryder! Stop! Don't hurt him!" I hear Mara say as she bursts into the room. Layla follows but I just stay behind the door, hidden.

As the door closes, the final scent of strawberries and white chocolate waft through my nostrils.

Surely he can smell me too. I mean, it's not that hard to miss. But he didn't even give me a glance when he ambushed us.

Cole is my mate.

I feel like a should be begging to the Moon Goddess, asking her 'why him?' but I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I'm just sticking to what Ryder told us earlier about how he's kind and caring.

"Mara? Layla? You girls shouldn't be down here." Ryder growls.

"We can go where we please, thank you very much. I need to speak to Cole." She replies, putting Ryder in his place.

It's about time someone did that.

"Me? How honoured I feel Luna." I hear Cole reply.

Just the sound of his voice makes me melt.

"Did you smell anything today? Like something that you've never smelt before?" Mara asks.

Cole doesn't reply for a second.

"Maybe. In fact, I think the scent is coming back to me now." He replies.

My wolf starts jumping around.

"Mara. What the hell are you talking about?" Ryder asks.

I decide it now or never and I step out.

Everyone's eyes go to me, but I'm too busy looking into Cole's grey ones.

His jet black hair falls over his face messily, due to the infrequent cuts obviously. He has grey eyes with flecks of Green throughout them and you can see the muscles on his arms and through he shirt. I'm sure that he has a six pack under there.

Not that I'm fantasising about him shirtless...

"Mate." He whispers.

The guys eyes widen and they look between us.

"Can I talk to him?" I look to Ryder, when nobody says anything I add, "Alone please."

Ryder looks hesitant.

"Oh Ryder." Mara snaps him out of his thinking state, "They're mates for crying out loud! They deserve some privacy."

He looks to her and I see something in his eyes that I've never seen in Ryder before.

Love.

Pure and utter love. And it was beautiful, not to go all mushy and stuff.

He rolls his eyes and Mara takes his hand, dragging him out, "Stop being a drama queen."

Ryder tries to protest but Mara lets him go and links arms with Layla. She give me a wink and Layla smirks at me.

I don't look at the guys as they leave, but as they walk out the door, I hear Josh say to Ryder, "Dude, you're so whipped."

The reply was muffled, but I'm sure I heard Josh cry in pain.

I smile a little at the performance before turning to Cole.

He grins at me, "What's your name beautiful?" He asks.

My heart clenches when he calls me 'beautiful.'

"Mandy." I reply, stepping up to the bars where he is.

"Perfect name for a perfect mate." He smiles.