•27•

•Ryder's POV•

 My wolf jumps onto the last rouge and I clamp my teeth on it's neck, killing it instantly.

I turn to Josh and Trent, who are waiting for me.

I lick the blood from around my snout and walk over to them.

"What's with all the rouges lately?" Josh asks.

"I don't know, but it doesn't look good." I reply.

"Do you think it has something to do with Cam?" Trent asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"If he's here, he could have some control over the rouges." He replies.

We start to run in our wolf forms back towards the town, since it's too far to walk.

When we get close, we locate clothes hidden in trees and shift back to our human forms, pulling on the pants we found.

Josh frowns, "Maybe, but we don't know if Cam is back yet."

Trent looks alert all of a sudden, but then relaxes a little, "Trent? What's up?" I ask.

"Layla just mind-linked me, they want to see us ASAP." He says.

We nod and decide to run to Mandy's house.

When we get there, I just walk in and see Mandy and Cole sitting on the couch while Layla paces in the living room.

"What's happened?" I ask.

They all look up, "Mandy and I saw someone in the park today." Layla says.

"Who is this 'someone'?" Josh asks.

Layla looks to Mandy, "We're sure it was Cam." She replies.

I growl, "This is the third time one of us has thought we've seen him, we need to investigate. Most of the wolves here know who he is, we'll ask them to look around." I say.

Everyone nods, "What about Mara?" Cole asks.

I look to him, "What about Mara?" I repeat.

"Are you going to tell her?" He asks.

I think for a second and then nod, "I probably should, she deserves to know."

"Who deserves to know what?" Mara says, walking into the living room.

"Oh, yeah. I invited Mara over." Mandy says.

I look to Mara, "We're pretty sure Cam is here."

She looks a little panicked for a second, but then looks to all of us, "What does that mean?"

Trent shrugs, "We're not really sure, but we know that he wouldn't just come here for a quick visit. He must want something."

"But what would he want?" She asks.

Mandy sighs, "It could be anything, you never know with Cam. Especially now that he doesn't have a mate."

I nod.

Mara looks at me, "Do you have an old, uh, photo or anything of him so I can see what he looks like?" She asks.

I nod, "I'll give it to you tomorrow at school."

She smiles, but I see something in her eyes, it's not like her usual smiles, "Thanks."

Josh's stomach growls suddenly and we all stiffle a laugh.

"Shut up guys." Josh huffs.

"I'll go get something." Mara says, walking into the kitchen.

"I'll help." I add, standing up and following her.