•45•

•George Darcey's POV (Mara's biological Dad)•

•••Flashback seventeen years ago•••

I rush through the hospital doors, frantically searching for the elevators.

When I finally spot then, I just squeeze into one about to leave, pressing the fifth floor button.

The ride going up seemed like forever, I just wanted to get to her, just to be there.

I get out of the doors before they even open the full way and rush to the reception desk.

"Sir, how can I help you?" The lady asks.

"My wife, Daniella, is in labour." I blurt.

"Of course, follow me. You do want to be in the delivery room right?" She asks.

I nod and she leads me to a room.

I enter and as soon as Daniella sees me she visibly relaxes, "I thought you wouldn't make it."

I go over and grab her hand, "I'll always be here for you."

She smiles, "Do you think it's going to be a boy or a girl?"

I look down at her bloated tummy, "I say a girl."

She smiles, "I hope it's a girl."

The doctor comes in with the midwife, "Are you ready?"

She nods, "Yes."

"Right well lets see."

Forty minutes, that's how long it took.

I cut the umbilical cord and the doctor handed our new baby girl over to Daniella, "Well give you some time and then collect her to make sure she's all healthy." He says and then exits the room.

I bend over and run my finger over her soft cheek.

"What should we call her?" I ask.

Daniella looks down and smiles, "Samara."

"Samara." I play on my tongue, "I think it's beautiful."

I tear falls down Daniella's cheek, "I knew it was going to be hard, but not this hard."

I laugh, "They do say childbirth is a bitch."

She laughs and rolls her eyes, "Not childbirth stupid, giving her up."

I purse my lips and kiss her temple, "It's the right thing, and the family is great."

She looks up at me, "How do we know?"

I look down at her, "I just do."

We look down at Samara and her eyes slightly open, showing a beautiful bright blue, then they slightly flicker a golden amber colour, showing her tigress in her.

"I know the reason you wanted a girl." I say.

She smiles, "You wanted one too."

"We're doing the right thing, she can't be involved in this mess." I say.

Daniella nods, "When is Rebecca due?"

"She had a baby boy two weeks ago." I reply.

"What did she call him?" She asks.

"Ryan." I reply.

"And James doesn't know?" She asks.

I shake my head, "I don't know how you're dealing with this."

She looks back down at Samara, "As long as I know this is our child, I don't care that you have another."

The midwife comes back in and takes Samara, "I'll be back later, get some rest."