•36•

•Mara's POV•

We wind our way through corridors and corridors and don't seem to be finding an exit anywhere. There are about ten floors where ever we are, and I feel like we've tried every one of them.

Claire sighs, "This isn't working."

I stop and look at her, "I know, but what else do we do? If Cam finds us now, he's going to make us regret it big time." I reply.

She nods, "I know, but we've had to be wandering around for nearly an hour now. I'm surprised he hasn't found us yet."

"He hasn't found you, but I have." Someone says from behind us.

We spin around and look into the deadly eyes of Torah.

I take a careful step back, "Torah, why are you doing this?" I ask.

She takes a step forward, "You don't know what it feels like to lose a mate, to feel the pain everyday knowing that they're not coming back. Then I see all you guys, happily living life with that one special person by your side, that one special person that I don't have." She says.

I shake my head, "You're right, I don't. But what I do know is that you're not handling this right, you should be trying to find another mateless person, even a human. You can be happy Torah, you just need to look." 

She snaps out of her deadly look and thinks about this for a second, but then curls her lips at us again.

"You're not getting out of this one, princess." She says.

"Don't call me that." I sneer.

"Why?" She cocks her head, "Does it remind you too much of your precious Ryder?"

I growl, "Don't talk about him."

She laughs evilly, "So you didn't lose your memory then? You're probably never going to see him again, do you know why?"

I look at her, "Why?"

"Because you're Cam's new Claire." She replies.

Claire frowns, "What?"

I grab Torah by the throat and push her against the wall, "Talk, now." I demand in my tiger tone.

She looks shocked, "How, are you-"

"That's not the point, what the hell are you talking about?" I ask.

"Claire was never Cam's mate." She says.

I frown, "What? How?"

She doesn't say anything so I tighten my grip.

"How about a deal?" She gasps.

I look at her and then motion for Claire to come over, she does and I release her, dropping her to the ground.

"What?" I ask.

She looks up at us, "I'll tell you what I know, and the way out, if you get me out too and alive."

"You want to get out?" I ask.

She sighs and nods, "I like what you said before, about finding someone else. But Cam won't let me leave, he's threatening me and using me as experiments."

I look to Claire and nod.

"Fine, but if you're faking this. I will kill you." I warn.

She nods, "I assure you this isn't a scam."

I nod, "Okay, now talk."

"Cam was into science, he was testing ways to make werewolves do and feel things that were somewhat unnatural." She says.