•37•

•Claire's POV•

I watch in shock as Mara shifts into a giant white tiger.

She leaps at Cam, who is too panicked to shift or even move, and smashes him against the wall.

She keeps her paws on his chest as she shifts, causing her hands to be there instead. She grips his t-shirt and growls at him.

He just smirks in reponse, "I knew that you were powerful Luna, I was waiting for you to show me why."

Mara growls, "Well, I'm glad you know, because it's going to be the last thing you ever see."

"Mara, Mara, Mara. You don't understand how-"

"No. You don't understand how much pain you've caused Cam. You lied about Claire being your mate, made her brother believe she's dead, you were the reason Trent almost died, and you took me away from Ryder. Those are things I will never let you get away will." She sneers.

My brother thinks I'm dead?

"Confused Claire?" Cam speaks up.

"Don't you dare talk to her." Mara warns.

"But she deserves the truth, doesn't she?" He asks.

"What's the truth?" I ask.

Mara turns her head and looks at me quickly, but this sparks Cam's attention and he flips her over and bashes her head against the wall.

She cries in pain and slides to the floor.

Torah grabs on to me and I'm on the verge of crying.

That was my fault.

"Don't hurt her." I cry.

"But you want the truth, don't you?" Cam asks, taking a step towards me.

Torah steps in front of me, "And she'll get the truth, just not from you."

Cam glares at her, "I did what's best for you Torah."

"What's best for me? You pretended someone was my mate and then killed an innocent person! You're sick and a murderer!" She says.

"Sick." Cam sneers, "How many times I've heard that word pointed at me. I am sick. Watching people like you," He points to a cringing Mara, "Waltzing around all lovey-dovey with your mates, makes me sick!"

Torah growls, "I've had enough of you Cam, you're a problem for everyone and we're tired of dealing with your shit."

"What are you going to do?" He smirks.

Torah shrugs, "What everyone does when they have a problem." She replies.

Cam's face changes to confusion.

"Find a solution." Torah says and lunges at him, changing into her wolf and smashing him to the ground with so much force, I'm sure he's broken his spine.

Even so, he stills struggles against her wolf, trying to push her off him.

She just shakes her big head and clamps her sharp teeth down on his throat.

I see his body go limp and I rush over to Mara.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

She nods and swallows, "I have to tell you something."

"Not now, you're not okay." I reply.

She looks up at me, "Claire."

I know I can't stop her, she's determind to tell me this secret and I'm going to listen.