•22•

•Mara's POV•

I feel like where ever I go, I'm looking behind my back and around the crowd, searching for one face.

I'm dying inside not telling Ryder about whats happening. I know that he would go mental if I did tell him though, knowing that the guy that killed his sister is now threating his mate.

But, if I want to protect everyone, then this is the way it goes. No one gets hurt, no one has to know.

I hear a knock on the door and get up off the couch to open it.

"Hey." I smile as Ryder comes in.

"Hi beautiful." He replies, kissing my temple.

"What brings you to my fine house today?" I ask as I walk into the living room, Ryder following.

"I believe we have a thirteenth birthday to plan." Ryder grins.

I clap and jump up and down, "Oh yeah! When's Finn's birthday?" I ask.

Ryder laughs at my reaction, "Tomorrow." He replies.

"Tomorrow! Have you done anything?" I gape.

He holds up his hands, "Whoa, calm down. Yeah, I've organised some stuff."

I eye him suspisicously, "Some stuff?"

"Uh, like the location." He says, rubbing the back of his neck.

I sigh, "That's all?"

He nods, "I can't think of anything! I need your help."

I grin, "You asked the right person. Now, where is it?" I ask.

"In the backyard of the pack house." Ryder replies.

"Where my ceremony was?" I think.

"Yep, that's the one." He replies.

"I thought I saw a pool there, is that right?" I ask.

He nods, "Yeah."

"Okay," I start, getting into full party planning mode, Ryder grabs a pen and paper, "The main event will be a pool party. We'll order pizza and get some people to bring some food, we should invite all of Finn's friends and even some of the pack. That way, it'll be awesome." I say.

Ryder nods and grins.

"When it gets dark, we should have a massive game of spotlight." I smile.

"Spotlight?" Ryder asks.

I gape at him, "You don't know what spotlight is?"

He laughs, "No."

I sigh and roll my eyes, "Okay, well you play it outside in the dark. One person is 'it' and they have a torch, everyone goes and hides while the person 'it' counts to twenty. Then, they have to go find everyone." I explain.

"So, it's like hide-and-seek but outside and in the dark?" Ryder asks.

I nod, "But, the person only has a torch for light."

Ryder smirks, "Sounds great."

I laugh, "I know you're going to use my scent against me."

"Maybe." Ryder says.

I roll my eyes and look at what Ryder's written down.

"Okay, when I said 'some of the pack' I didn't mean 'the whole pack'" I say as I read what Ryder's written down.

Ryder shrugs, "Finn has Alpha blood, the whole pack should be invited. But, only Finn's friends and some of us will stay for spotlight."

I nod, "Sounds good."