Cheating Animal

"I can't believe she ripped up your picture. Even I couldn't be that mean... Well, not to you. To certain people, I'd do that and a LOT worse in a heartbeat." Jade was still talking about the events that had happened earlier. Cat and Jade were sat in McDonalds, nibbling their French fries and munching a burger. Washed down with chocolate milkshakes. Could life get any better?

Nope. So it decided to go downhill instead.

"I know! I didn't go outside the lines ONCE! Well, maybe just once. But still, I was really proud of it..." Cat slurped her milkshake, then saw Jade's eyes widen in shock, then harden. What was happening?

"Cat, wait here, OK?" Jade said.

"Where are you going?" Cat asked nervously. It had only been hours since Tori's outburst, so she was a little nervous and jumpy.

"Just stay," ordered Jade, then she walked over to the table at the far back corner. Cat craned her neck-and saw.

Clear anger shone through Jade's face. Cat was worried. If they got kicked out for Jade beating someone up, would they be allowed to take their food? Cat began wolfing it down extra fast, just in case.

Of course, only one thing happens when you eat fast.

"Hic! Oh, HIC, phooey!" She groaned, before letting her incredibly short attention span wander back to Jade.

Beck was here. Jade's boyfriend, one of Cat's friends-he was here. Accompanied by none other than Tori Vega. They had been staring into one another's eyes dreamily, until-

"BECK!" Jade screamed from behind him. He jumped off his seat as though he'd been electrocuted, looking around wildly. When he saw Jade, he gave her a grin. A horribly forced grin. Cat cringed. This was all her fault!

"Oh, hey babe," he smiled, trying to slide his arm around her waist. Jade avoided him with a swift twitch of her hips, stepped back and gave him a stony glare.

"How very romantic," she sneered. "Love amongst the French fries! What a convincing rehearsal! Little Snow White and Prince so called Charming... You'd better come explain, Beck!" Tori stood up as Beck began following Jade-"NOT YOU! Stay RIGHT where you are!" Jade shouted over her shoulder. The arm that wasn't dragging Beck linked arms with Cat and took her along too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"But this is a girls bathroom!" Beck protested. The threesome were locked in a cubicle, each staring from one to the other.

"Oh, dearie me! There's more girls than boys, so you're outnumbered." Jade smirked.

"But I'm a boy!" Beck protested.

"You sure about that?" Jade sneered, and Cat giggled inwardly.

"Why can't I go in my own toilets?" Beck complained.

"Well, I'm sorry, honey. But unless you've got some walkie-talkies about your person, that's not possible!" Jade quipped sarcastically. "Keep your voice down and no one'll even know. Now, kindly tell me what you were playing at with that... thing. NOW."

"You mean Tori? It was just a rehearsal, Jade. Seriously."

"Could've fooled me. You're such a liar, you cheating animal."

"I knew you'd be like this, Jade! I can't even glance at a girl these days! You're so overprotective, you're a control freak!"

"Don't you dare call me-"

Cat shrieked and grabbed Jade's arms, holding the outraged girl back. Jade struggled a bit, but otherwise stayed calm.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. But you deserve much better than me. And I suppose a breakup-well, we haven't been right for a while..." Beck sighed, speaking more to himself than Jade.

"Don't say it! Don't say it! Please, Beck! We can work it out! Don't-" Jade shouted it, over and over, as if repeating it made things better. Her voice rang out and echoed through the bathroom, high-pitched and distorted.

"It's over," he said softly. He went to stroke her cheek, but Cat slapped it away.

As the toilet door creaked shut, Jade turned to Cat. "What can I do, kitten?" She cried out.

"I don't know," whispered Cat. "I really, really don't know..."

Jade flung her arms around Cat, crying into Cat's shoulder. Cat was so shocked, at first she didn't react. If anyone ever tried to show affection to her (except Beck) she pushed them away, shouting 'NO!' at the top of her voice. But now, Cat was seeing a side to Jade she didn't even know existed. A broken side, a side that had given up.

So, even though her brand new pastel jumper was getting soggy and black with mascara stains, she hugged back.

And despite it all, when they broke apart, somehow they were smiling.

"HIC!" Cat accidentally ruined the moment.

"Are you serious?" Jade asked amusedly. "You've still got hiccups after all that?"

"He, he... Don't ask," giggled Cat.

They caught each other's eye and exploded with laughter.

We can safely say they were kicked out shortly after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey! No Cabbie (CatxRobbie) action recently, but I'm sure it'll show up soon. ;) Dedicated to SuperWoman because she's generally awesome. Go read Eight, guys. I'm not even kidding. GO READ IT! In the External Link. Love you all :)