"May the best girl win!"

Cat blinked confusedly at the official looking envelope that had popped through her letter box. The only letters she ever got were generally from her grandma, who was often asking Cat about school. She'd recently stopped replying. She didn't want to lie to her nan, but she didn't want to upset her either. But her nan didn't send letters like this.

Hesitantly, she picked it up and slit it open. Who would it be? She fished out a neatly written letter, written in swirly, stylish writing that was somehow still readable. But Cat didn't take in the niceties, because she'd just spotted a very familiar logo.

We Be Jammin'.

Cat traced each sentence with her finger delicately, and began reading it aloud.

Miss Cat Valentine,

As you are aware, an event took place last week that caused you to miss your audition. We have rescheduled for you and a handful of others that stood out to us to perform.

The new date is 27th November, at 5pm. The event shall be taken place at We Be Jammin' studio. A personal driver will be sent to your house to collect you.

If there are any problems regarding the event, please contact us.

Jackie Dazer.

Everything went by in a blur.

Cat rushed shrieking to her mum, waving it wildly in her face. Cat's mum stood bewildered for a moment before gently grabbing her daughter's flailing wrist. Rolling her eyes, her mum read through it. As she did so, Cat saw her eyes flicker and get steadily rounder as she read.

"Oh, honey, this is great!" Her mum shrieked. She almost spread out her arms to give Cat a hug, but seemed to compose herself at the last minute. Cat sighed sadly, taking the letter back.

"I'm sorry, Cat. I'd give anything to get you back, to feel like you're my daughter again. But ever since we... Well, that incident, you've changed. So, so much. What happened?" Cat's mum sounded like a little girl who'd lost her mum in the supermarket. Lost and frightened.

"You forgot me," Cat replied quietly, a slightly bitter edge to her voice. "So I changed myself. Made myself unforgettable."

An awkward silence fell between the two.

"Well, I guess I'd better rehearse..." Cat shrugged, turning away. "For We Be Jammin'."

And with that, she walked up the stairs to her room, not looking back.

She didn't want to see the tears in her mum's eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Tori! Did you get the letter from We Be Jammin'?!" Cat yelled down the phone happily.

"Yeah! It's going to be SO much fun! What are you going to wear?" Tori shrieked in response.

"I'm not sure... What about you?" Cat asked, opening her wardrobe as she spoke.

"I'm going to wear this cute little dress my grandma bought me! It's kind of creamy with a black sash. Do you think I should do something different with my hair? I mean, you could, too. It's always straight..." Tori chattered on whilst Cat rifled through her clothes.

"Got it!" Cat exclaimed. "I'm going to wear a silver top with some shorts."

There was a pause.

"Shorts?" Tori repeated, clearly a little disdainful. "Are you sure? It's just, they're a little..."

"Yes?" Cat said, since Tori had showed no signs of continuing with the sentence.

"Sorry Cat. I've got to go, my dinner's ready!" Tori said pleasantly enough.

"Well, good luck!" Cat smiled.

"Yeah, same to you. And may the best girl win!"

Cat rang off. Yes, the best girl should win.

But the question was...

Who exactly was the best girl?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey gang! Sorry I've not been updating lately. I wasn't exactly sure where the story was going to go. But someone made me an amazing trailer and inspiration just... Struck! So, a big thank you to wefariwe64! Check out the trailer at the side, I swear it is perfect, my little kittens! Planning to update in two days, OK? Hopefully be a long one.

If your computer is screwing up like mine, just check out the external link. =3