Chapter 22

The family reunion had been being planned for awhile now, Dan had planned to come but that was before everything else had happened. He'd say they had broken up or something along those lines, slowly remove him from his life without suspension from the rest of the family.

His mother asked where Dan was first, Phil had merely shrugged and given her a week smile, "busy," he replied. A small grin was returned from her and she walked to talk to the rest of the family.

Phil had been standing by the snack table for awhile before his uncle began to approach him. Phil physically cringed, not really wanting to talk to him. Uncle Frank stood in front of Phil while Phil took an abnormally long drink from his champagne before giving a forced smile.

"Frank!" Phil greeted, allowing the (somehow) taller man to pull him into a hug before taking a step back.

"Philip, how've you been?"

"Good, and you?" He replied politely, trying not to act to friendly so maybe he'd leave.

"You have a girlfriend yet, Phil?" His uncle asked and Phil tried not to roll his eyes. He was out to the whole family, even Frank knew he was gay, yet he insisted Phil would find a girl he would finely fall for.

"Well..." Phil began before feeling an arm wrap around his torso and gentle lips brush against his cheek.

"Hey baby," a familiar voice said, Phil watched the expression on his uncles face turn from friendly to slight disgust in the time span of .2 seconds.

"Hey, your late," Phil replied in front of Frank as if Phil was expecting him, Dan laughed.

"Yeah there was lots of traffic," he connected hands with Phil, "I'm here now, though."

Phil leaned over to kiss Dan just for Frank's case who quickly intervened with a "I'm going to go get another drink," before laughing. Phil stopped leaning in and sat up straight again, looking to Dan.

"Your here?" Phil asked.

"Last time I checked," Dan replied sarcastically, taking Phil's glass from him to take a quick drink.

"I thought you weren't coming," Phil replied, rolling his eyes when he saw Dan had finished off his champagne.

"Who told you that?" Dan asked, setting down the glass, "you hired me for two months and you're getting your two months, Phil."

"But with everything going on..."

"Don't worry about it," Dan interrupted, grabbing Phil's hand, "introduce me to the rest of your family. I met some of them at the wedding but I don't know a lot of them."

Phil looked at Dan with uncertainty, he really didn't think Dan was okay yet. But what could a little fun hurt, right?