Chapter 8

JASMINE

I felt a bit at ease, Beth knew about my feelings for Dylan. I thought she would be disgusted because her best friend likes her brother but instead she supports it.

"You're lost in thought again Jazz" Beth pulled me out of my trance. We were at the party, surrounded by drunk idiots. Me and Beth had coke in our cups and planned to stay away from trouble.

"Hey guys" Parker approached us and smiled.

"Is it okay? I hope it's not boring considering it's your first party" He questioned, looking around as if he's trying to spot something or someone.

"Yeah the party is great but who are you looking for?" Beth raised her eyebrow at Parker who nervously smiled back.

"I uh.. Just don't kill me when you see him" With that said, he ran off before we could question him.

"Who do you think he's talking about?" I turned to Beth and asked. She shrugged her shoulders.

BETH

It had been 30 minutes since we last spoke to Parker and Jasmine went to get us drink refills 5 minutes ago. I walked over to a chair and sat down. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and decided to scroll through Instagram. Due to Dylan's popularity in school, I had nearly the school following me but I wasn't complaining.

The more, the merrier.

"Didn't think I'd see you here Cooper"

No. No no no no no.

I slowly looked up and saw him. Sam freaking Henderson.

"It's my best friends party" I paid no attention to him and carried on scrolling through my feed.

"You have friends?!" He gasped.

"Ha ha ha very funny Henderson. What are you doing here?" I questioned, still not looking at him.

"You know it's rude not to look at someone while talking to them" he ignored my question and commented. I slowly raised my head and saw him standing there in all his glory. He was wearing a white t-shirt, black jeans and a black bomber jacket.

And boy did he look go- NO!

I had no idea I was staring at him until he spoke "You can stop drooling now princess" I broke out of trance and scoffed.

"You think too much of yourself. I wasn't staring" I lied. He came closer and crouched down to my level.

"Oh really?" I gulped as he came closer. I tried to move back but realised I was sitting on a chair. I cursed myself before I looked at his face. He was smirking slightly but he also had a different and weird look on his face.  He leaned in to my ear and whispered "You look beautiful princess" He pulled back and stood up. He winked before walking away, leaving me in a daze.

I blinked and just sat there. What the hell just happened? Not only did he call me princess twice, he called me beautiful. Beautiful. I ignored the weird feeling in my stomach and decided to look for Jasmine or Parker. I then decided against walking around and called Jasmine. She picked after the 3th ring and spoke "I am so sorry! I know I was supposed to get drinks for us but I saw Dylan and decided to talk to him about everything. We talked and he took me home after we sorted everything out but I feel so b-"

"Jasmine breath! It's oka- Wait, how am I meant to get home now?" I exclaimed, sitting back down on the chair. Jasmine drove us here and I couldn't ask Parker to drive me home because of the party.

"I'm really sorry Beth!" She spoke through the phone. I sighed before answering back "It's okay, I'll get a ride from someone. Bye Jasmine" I cut the call and put my head in my hands.

Don't get me wrong. I'm so glad Dylan and Jasmine talked and sorted everything out but she left me here. My own brother left me here without a ride back home. With a huff, I stood up and looked for Parker. After I found him and explained everything, I left his house and started walking home. He asked me if he should drive me home but I told him to stay and enjoy his party.

Even though my house was 10/15 minutes away, it was dark and there could be creeps lurking around. I walked at a fast pace, feeling scared and vunerable. What if I got attacked?

Oh god I need to stop scaring myself. Maybe I'll get home safely.

I spoke too soon.

I saw a car coming my way and at first I ignored it. Soon, it started beeping at me, making my blood go cold and causing me to run. The car followed me and kept beeping but I kept running.

"Beth! Stop running" Dylan? I turned around and saw Dylan closing his car door and running towards me. I sighed in relief and ran towards him, meeting him half way. He pulled me to his chest and hugged me tight.

"Oh my god, I'm so so so sorry Beth! I didn't mean to leave you behind" He pulled me away and looked at me before pulling me to his chest again and kissed my forehead.

"I get it Dylan, you wanted to spend time with Jasmine" I teased causing him to go stiff. He pulled me away from his chest shocked and asked "How do you know?"

"That my friend, is a secret" he chuckled and dragged me along to his car.

"Let's get you home baby sister"

---------------------------------------------------------
*hides* Please don't kill me for this very late update. I'm so sorry but I hope this chapter makes up for it? Also, just realised I used way too much dialogue. Oh well XD

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤

Rewritten 12/02/18