Chapter 24

BETH

My blood ran cold.

That was definitely not Sam.

I slowly looked up to see the devil himself.

Adam.

How fucking ironic.

His bruises were still visible on his olive skin as well as his slightly black eye but that obviously wasn't enough for him to stay away from me.

"What do you want?" I sneered, my fists clenched by my sides. He smirked in my direction and started making his way towards me.

"I was simply passing by the neighbourhood and I thought of dropping by" He paused to shrug his shoulders, but carried on walking towards me while I was walking back to the front door. My gaze fell upon my phone that had slipped out of my hands just moments before and I inwardly groaned. I returned my gaze back to him, and I suddenly became aware of how close he had gotten to me.

"Get out of my house" I ordered slowly, as my hand met the doorknob and I pulled the door open and stepped aside. My heart was drumming against my chest but I refused to let him see that I was scared of him.

He cocked his head to one side as his eyes flickered between my own and the door before his gaze settled on me. His arm reached out and he grabbed my chin roughly in his calloused hand, making me look up into his eyes. I tried to pry his hand off but he tightened his hold on my cheeks and chin, making me grimace and clench my teeth in pain as he leaned into my ear.

"Tell Samuel I'm not scared of him" He spat and let go of my chin as he pushed past me and walked out of my house. I quickly slammed the door shut with one hand and let my other hand cradle my throbbing chin.

I reached down to pick up my phone from the floor and with slightly shaky hands, I dialled Dylan's number. I heard the tedious ringing for a few seconds just to get sent to voicemail. I typed a quick message, asking him where he was and slipped my phone in my pocket before making my way to the kitchen. I hastily removed the ice pack from the freezer and pressed it against my chin. I squeezed my eyes shut in pain and groaned out loud.

He would've crushed my face with his bare hands and wouldn't have given a flying shit about it.

I slumped down on the kitchen table with my hand pressing the ice pack against my chin and let my thoughts consume me.

What if he had tried to hurt me more than what he already did?

What if he had tried to finish what he started at the party?

What if h-

"Dude that game was awesome. You're a great basketball player" I heard Dylan's voice before I saw him walk into the kitchen with Sam. He stopped talking once he saw me sitting at the table. His eyes nearly popped out of his head and he rushed over to me, throwing his duffel bag on the floor.

"What the hell did you do?" He questioned, as his hands covered mine and he moved the ice pack from my face. His mouth hung open and he returned his questioning gaze to mine.

"Are you going to tell me how you managed to get those bruises on your faces?" He moved back and crossed his arms over his chest. My eyes travelled behind him and found Sam leaning on the entryway, his stance the same as Dylan's.

Tell Samuel I'm not scared of him.

"Beth"

I focused back on Dylan who looked more concerned and pissed as time passed. I lowered my gaze to the ground before speaking softly.

"It was Adam" I heard a sharp intake of breath that made my head snap up and I found Dylan staring at me with anger swirling in his eyes. Sam had now walked closer to us and I had noticed his clenched fists from the corner of my eyes.

"What the fuck were you doing with him?" Dylan growled and I looked up at him in disbelief.

"Me? He was inside our house because you forgot to lock the door"

He muttered something under his breath before standing up and marching towards the front door.

"You better lock the door this time!" I yelled and I got my reply when he slammed the door shut.

"Are you going to tell me what he said to you before I ask him myself?" Sam's gruff voice brought my attention to him.

"How do you know he said something?"

He scoffed "It was obvious from the way you looked at me, Princess"

Welcome home, Princess.

"Tell Samuel I'm not scared of him"

"What?"

"That's what he said" I looked at his green orbs and noticed how his eyes hardened due to my words before he clenched his jaw. He began to move from where he was standing and made his way towards me, his eyes never leaving mine. His hands were slightly shaking in what I assumed was anger and he tightened his fists before opening them again.

He crouched down in front of me, meeting me eye to eye. His eyes flickered down to my chin and his hands followed, gently grabbing it. His soft fingers lightly brushed against my bruises, careful to not hurt me and I felt myself relax in his hold.

How he has this an effect on me, I'll never know.

He leaned in closer, his warm minty breath hitting my face. His hand went from my chin to my cheek and caressed it, making me lean into it. His face was getting closer to my own and I could feel the fluttering of my heart against my chest.

When we were barely an inch away from each other, he gazed into my wide eyes before he dipped his head and placed his lips against the bruise on my chin, his lips an inch away from mine. I froze in my seat at the feeling of his lips against my skin, feeling myself get hot at his touch.

When he pulled back, he whispered,

"He will pay for hurting you, Princess"

————————————————————————

Another week, another update.

Who am I?

I hope you guys don't expect me to update every week now 😂

Enjoy reading, my lovelies ❤️

Until next time x