Chapter 15

BETH

I left Jack alone downstairs as I headed upstairs to my bathroom. I didn't want to do anything except get into my shower and wash off Adam's fingerprints off of my tired body. I felt bile rise up in my throat as I reminisced what had happened just an hour ago. Tears welled up in my eyes as I hurriedly went inside my bathroom and ripped my clothes off my body. The cold water pelted my shivering frame, as I stood in the shower and helped me feel numb. It wasn't enough to help me forget though.

Nothing was ever enough to help me forget.

The tears finally escaped my eyes, mixing with the water from the shower as I leaned my forehead against the freezing cold wall. Quiet sobs racked my body as I let my thoughts consume me completely. The thing that frightened me the most was seeing Sam that angry. Granted, I haven't known him for too long but I felt as though he rarely let others see that side of him. It was almost as if he became a completely different person, with no sense of what he was doing. He beat Adam to a pulp before I screamed at him to stop. When he came close to me, I couldn't help but feel scared.

How could I have believed that he wouldn't hurt me?

I noticed my fingers becoming wrinkly and turned the shower off. The cool air immediately swarmed around my body and nipped at my bare skin before I wrapped myself in my favourite fluffy towel. Making sure the towel clung tightly onto my skin, I made my way out towards my room. What I didn't expect, however, was a figure sitting on my bed.

I let out a gasp of surprise and the figure lifted its head, revealing its shocked face.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned with a slight glare, hugging the towel even tighter around myself. He slowly stood up from my bed and came towards me but he kept a respectable distance between the two of us.

"Princess, I'm so sorry you had to see that. And I'm sorry for scaring you when I reached out to you. I just couldn't help it. I warned that prick to stay away from you but he went against me and he touched you. What if he- he actually did something to you?" He spoke softly, looking at the ground.

"Sam w-" His head shot up as he interrupted me.

"No Princess. I admit what I done was wrong but he deserved it. I never expected myself to hurt him that badly though. I-I guess I was angry at myself for not being able to protect you. I should've been there; I should've warned you about him, I don-" I cut him off by throwing my arms around his neck and hugging him tightly.

He froze at my sudden action before I felt him lift his arms to return the hug by holding me close to him. All my previous thoughts about him escaped my mind. I don't know why but I believed him. I believed every word that flew out of his mouth without knowing the reason behind. I didn't care about his explanation because I believed him.

Just by holding me in his arms, he made me feel safe.

And that terrified me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know that feeling when you just want to sleep yet someone comes and disturbs you especially when you're having a great dream?

Yeah me too.

"Beth get up"

"Beth come on!"

"ELIZABETH MARIE COPPER GET THE FUCK UP! You have a visitor downstairs" I winced at the use of my full name and slowly turned around to face Jazzy. She smirked at me before her face fell. She leapt forward and pulled me to her, hugging me tight.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you yesterday. I was jealous about Dylan and Chloe that I forgot about you. If I didn't ditch you then that wouldn't have happened to you. I should've been with you the whole night. I was so selfi-" I cut her off by placing my palm against her mouth.