Chapter 19

BETH

"Please complete your homework for next Friday" Ms Perez yelled as the bell rang. I quickly stuffed my books into my bag and shot out of my seat. It was finally lunch time and my stomach growled for the hundredth time.

Throwing my backpack over my shoulder, I headed out the door absentmindedly, only to bump into someone.

"Ow!" I yelled as my nose roughly bumped into the other person's shoulder and my hands instantly went up to my nose to cradle it.

"Shit, I'm sorry! Are you okay?" I looked up to see a pair of chocolate brown eyes staring down into mine with worry.

"I think you broke my nose" I joked, making his eyes widen in panic.

"I did? Holy shit we need to get you to the hospital!" he exclaimed before grabbing my arm and dragging me through the hallway with him.

"Hey, I was joking! I'm fine I swear!" I spoke out, making him stop abruptly and whip his head towards me once again. His eyes scanned my face for any signs of pain or discomfort and when he found nothing, he visibly relaxed, loosening his grip on my arm.

"I'm really sorry Beth, I didn't mean for this to happen" he sighed, lowering his gaze to the ground.

I smiled at him genuinely "Don't worry about it, Alex"

He opened his mouth to say something but he was interrupted by his phone ringing. He looked at me apologetically before his eyebrows furrowed as he saw who was calling him.

"Sam, why are you calling me in school?" He asked in annoyance. His eyes widened as he listened to Sam talk on the phone before muttering a quick 'okay' and ending the call.

Putting his phone back into his pocket, he shook his head and looked up at me with a small frown on his face.

He ran his hand through his hair "He got called to the principal's office again for the third time this week and it's only Tuesday"

I scoffed, making Alex looked at me in surprise.

"Your brother is annoying and arrogant" I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest. Alex guffawed at me and soon enough, I started laughing with him.

We quickly sobered up and Alex saluted "I need to go see what my idiotic brother did this time. See you around, Beth"

I waved at him before making my way to the cafeteria, which would probably be full of other students by now. As I stepped through the cafeteria doors, my gaze went towards the lunch line, which was surprisingly short, and I picked up my pace to get to the line.

"Beth!"

I whipped my head around to see Jasmine barreling towards me. I used my lunch tray as a shield but she stopped just as she got close to me.

"Where were you? You missed 10 minutes of lunch and that's never happened before" she interrogated, placing one hand on her hip.

I rolled my eyes at her, moving forward in the line "I bumped into Alex and we talked for a few minutes"

Her eyes widened in excitement "Alex as in Alex Henderson?"

I nodded my head and picked up two slices of pizza along with some fries and water.

"Girl, what is it with you and the Henderson brothers?" she whined and followed after me as I finished paying and made my way to our normal table.

I sighed "It's nothing Jaz, I hate Sam and Alex is just a friend okay?" she mumbled something under her breath and collapsed into her seat.

"So, have you made up your mind yet?" she peered at me hopefully.

"Made my mind about what?" Her lips puckered and she glanced up at the ceiling.

"God, please help this dumbass" she prayed and I threw my fries at her. She squealed and picked up her book to shield herself from the incoming fries I fired at her. I gave up pretty quick once I realised that I was wasting my precious food.

Jaz brushed herself down before opening her mouth "Before you decided to viciously assault me, I was talking about you making up your mind about James' party tonight"

James was on the soccer team with Dylan and he was a pretty nice guy. Every time he came over to our house with the rest of the soccer team, he would always hang out with me and not make me feel left out unlike my idiot of a brother. He was a close friend and his girlfriend Natalia was just like a sister to me. She attended another school but she often came over with the guys to spend time with me and catch up on whatever is going on.

"You know what happened the last time I went to a party, Jaz" I sighed. Her face softened and she reached over to grab my hand.

"I promise you I'll be there with you the whole time. I was stupid to leave you alone like that" she spoke quietly.

I nibbled on my lower lip before releasing it with a soft sigh "Fine, I'll go"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tossed another dress aside into the growing pile of all the other rejected ones.

"Why don't I have a cute dress?" I groaned as I threw myself face forward onto my bed.

I don't even know why I even agreed to go to this stupid party in the first place. Maybe it was because Jaz guilt tripped me but I shouldn't have caved in. Parties never go well for me and there was always that unsettling feeling of the same thing happening again. As I reached out to the side table to grab my phone, I ended up tripping over the pile of clothes on the floor and I fell straight onto my face.

Blood began to rush out of my nose and I quickly grabbed my phone to call Dylan with teary eyes.

Looks like I actually broke my nose this time.

With one hand pressed onto my nose, I hurriedly walked into my bathroom as I waited for Dylan to pick up.

"What do you want?" Was the first thing he said when he picked up.

"Dylan, I think I broke my nose" I hissed as my nose began to hurt more.

"What the hell? What did you do?" He questioned worriedly and I heard his hurried footsteps through the phone.

"I tripped over my clothes and fell. Where are you?"

"I'm at James' helping him with the party set up"

James' house was a 30 minute drive from our house. There was no way I'll wait for 30 minutes to get to the hospital.

"Seriously? Can you get someone to come home and take me then?"

"Yeah, just wait 5 minutes and he'll be there" he spoke before hanging up.

I walked towards the sink and opened the tap to wash the blood off of my hands and nose but the blood wouldn't stop pouring out of my nose. I cursed out loudly before grabbing a bunch of tissue and held it against my nose. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs to put my shoes on so I could leave as soon as someone came to take me.

As I slipped on my flats, the doorbell rang. I rushed towards the door and swung it open, ready to get out but I bumped into a solid chest, making my nose hurt even more.

"Shit ow!" I cried out as I moved back.

"Damn Princess, what did you do?" My eyes widened and I looked up to meet sparkly green ones.

————————————————————————

Yes, yes. I'm aware this was long awaited. I haven't updated in like 2-3 months?

I'm starting college (year 12)  in September and I'm excited afff.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'll try my best to update more often now (like I don't say that all the time)

Until next time, my loveliess ❤️