Chapter 25

BETH

Jazz stared at me with her mouth hung open as I finished telling her what had happened yesterday. We were sitting cross-legged on my bed, facing each other with a bunch of snacks in between us.

"I don't even know what to say" She shook her head and exhaled loudly. I let out a little laugh as I bit into a homemade cookie Jazz brought from home, making some crumbs fly out of my mouth. Jazz looked at me in disgust and wiped away a small crumb that landed on her face.

"You're such a pig" she shuddered.

I swallowed before speaking this time.

"Yeah but you know who's a bigger pig than me? My brother aka your boyfriend" I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively, seeing her cheeks flush.

"Shut up! I'm not talking about my boyfriend with you because he's your brother and I feel weird about it" She admitted, with a small smile on her face. I shook my head in amusement and went to grab another cookie just as my phone started to ring.

Jack.

"Hey Jacky, it's been a while" I greeted him, as I picked up the call. I heard him groan at the nickname before he replied.

"It's Jack, not Jacky. Why do you always do this, Angel?" He whined, making me laugh and making Jazz gesture for me to put it on speaker. I did as instructed before Jazz belted out.

"Jackkyyyyyyy"

"Ow, my ears! Jasmine, you're a psychopath!" He cried.

"A beautiful psychopath. Get it right, Reynolds"

I can practically hear Jack rolling his eyes right now.

"Give it back to Angel, I want to ask her something"

"It's on speaker, you idiot" I spoke out and rolled my eyes, without realising that he couldn't see me.

"Oh. Alright so, are you up for the fair tomorrow? It's a 45-minute drive from town but we can book a hotel and stay the night over. Ask Jasmine and any other friends as well because we have 9 tickets."

Jazz choked on the food in her mouth, making me drop my phone and scurry over to her.

"What the fuck is that noise?" Jack questioned as I started smacking Jazz's back. She started coughing and the piece of cookie landed on her hand, covered in spit, while Jack kept asking questions on the phone.

I gagged at the sight before I picked up my phone again.

"Jazz started choking out of nowhere and scared the absolute shit out of me"

She leaned forward and snatched my phone out of my hand.

"How did you manage to get the tickets? That fair always gets sold out as soon as the tickets are released!" She exclaimed.

Every year, there's a fair held in the town next to us and it's known to be amazing. It's not just about the rides, the food stalls have the best food you could ever imagine, which is what the hype is mostly about.

"Caleb's cousin knows a guy so naturally, he offered us a few tickets if we wanted to go and we took them, obviously. Anyway, I have to go now but text me who wants to go. There's a hotel nearby we can stay at but we just need conformation on who's going" Jack answered, making me and Jazz look at each other with wide eyes.

"We're paying for the hotel, right? I mean, it's only fair that we do" I asked, knowing that the chances of him saying yes would be pretty slim.