one

I gasp as a girl with curly light blonde hair and a body that belongs to an anorexic lays in the snow in the street, blood seeping from her mouth.

I jump out of my car frantically, my heart racing as I rush towards her.

I scoop her up and gasp as I notice the violet hue on her lips, putting her in the backseat of my car as I speed to the nearest hospital, praying to whatever higher power their is that this poor girl is not dead.

I speed through the windy roads, my car occasionally sliding on the ice as I enter through the hospital gates.

I jump out of the vehicle, scooping her up just as a male doctor comes out of the Emergency Room entrance.

"Oh thank god," I stutter, "I found her lying in the snow on forty-third street. I'm pretty sure she's Eliza Brown-the little girl who was kidnapped about a year ago. I think she's unconscious, a-and she was bleeding from her mouth when I found her." I pant, handing her over to him.

He curses, thanking me under his breath as he runs inside, yelling at people to move out of the way as he runs with her in his arms, her limp legs dangling from his grip.

. . .

Alex Karev

-

I run quickly, assessing her injuries as I gaze at her, my heart sinking as I recognize that her exposed arms and legs look like they've been painted on with blue and purple, her bruising ranging in colour from age.

The gash on her head seeps blood slowly, the inside of her lips still tainted with blood.

"Hey!" I yell frantically at one of the interns, grabbing the scruff of his collar to grab his attention. "Page Shepherd and Grey, now!" I yell, plopping her on the nearest hospital bed.

The nurse besides me mouths something at me but the ringing in my ears makes her voice inaudible.

I leave the girl alone in her room, rushing towards the nurse to understand what she said.

"Which Shepherd? Grey is in the O.R. and Derek is in a board meeting with the chief." She huffs.

"Dose it look like I care? Pick up the damn phone and call them!"

As she does, I look back to the room and feel my mouth hang open, dread twisting around in my stomach.

I rip the curtains open, looking around the room in panic.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumble, my voice grave.

She's not there.