two

Eliza Brown

-

My head spins as I run, stumbling over my bar feet as I try not to slip on the cold tiled floor.

I double over as my vision starts to blur, gold and black dots floating around my vision.

I groan, picking myself up and starting to pick up my pace once again as I hear footsteps approaching me, their voices yelling out in panic.

"Eliza!" A feminine voice yells, her footsteps silent against her concerned and annoyed voice.

"Eliza!" Another voice panics, this time a man.

I run up a flight of stairs, not knowing where I'm going, my legs feeling that they are about to give out at any moment in time.

I freeze as a hand overlaps around my arm, their icy grip making me jump in my skin.

I whip around, fear bubbling in my stomach as hot tears start to drip down my face, undoubtedly mixing with the blood that seems to be trickling down the side of my cheek.

A middle aged women looks down at me, tucking a strand of her blonde hair behind her ears as her icy eyes scan over me, sighing softly as she seems to press something behind her back.

"Hey, Eliza, I'm Meredith." She says shakily, grabbing my shoulders as I start to sway. "I see you're bleeding there," she continues, gesturing to my face and lips. "How about we get you checked out? I'm sure it will make you feel a lot better."

I shake my head softly, using my remaining force to tug my arm back.

"Don't ouch me." I croak, my voice quivering as I wipe the blood nearing my eyes away. "I 'wanna go home."

"Eliza, you need to come with me now, okay? We're not going to hurt you." She says, eyeing my quivering lips.

"You don't know what he did," I sob, finding it hard to breathe. "Please just bring me home, I just 'wanna go ho-". My sentence is cut off as the door next to me creeks open, three doctors running towards me.

I screech, taking off in a sprint, hot tears running down my cheeks as the lump in my throat threatens to choke me.

Hands grab my waist and toss me onto a gurney, wheeling me as fast as they can down the hall, catching people's attention.

I scream profusely as one of them sticks a needle in my arm hooking me to a machine that is now connected to me.

I thrash and kick under the strangers' hands, wanting so desperately to get out.

"Meredith, please help me!" I cry, my voice breaking and shattering into a million pieces, crashed beneath people's feet.

I scream a blood curdling cry, attracting eyes on my dead looking body, looking like I'm being tortured once again.

They strap my legs and arms down to the gurney so I stop wiggling, holding my head still as they put a mask on my face.

It's not air, I recognize as I take my first breath die to reflex. I can smell the distingue bitterness of anesthetic.

I hold my breath, not wanting to go out now, wanting to keep fighting so they will leave me alone, giving me a chance to escape.

"She's holding her breath. Alright, put her out now!" I hear a mans voice say, agitation exhibiting from his aura.

I feel a sharp prick in my back, my vision hazing into an empty black.