twelve

Eliza Brown

-

My chest is on fire, setting ablaze to my heart.

My parents were always home. My father was a patent attorney and my mother was the manager of one of the biggest pharmacy's in the world.

So basically, we were spoiled rich.

When I was kidnapped, I was thrown into a bag and driven for days at a time to wherever the hell I was. Before that, I was a Cali girl. I was born and raised in Belair and went to a private school in Las Angeles.

Although my parents were always home, I would barely see them. We had enough maids and butlers to fill the grand canyon, for Christ's sake. I guess that's part of the reason my sisters were so protective of me, they probably half raised me.

But, when my parents did see me, I was their baby--their pride and joy. Although I was six, they pretty much treated me like I was two, practically never letting my feet touch the floor.

"You adopted me?" I ask, a fluttery feeling in my chest overwhelmed my confusion and remorse.

Meredith's face is blank as she stares into my eyes, her gaze making me want to cringe away.

"You did what?" Scarlett spits, her face fuming. "You have no rights!"

"Yes I do. She is mine now. Not yours." Meredith growls, trying to keep her voice as calm as possible.
"Thats why," Derek whispers, his eyes widening.

"You do not get to just adopt her." Sawyer says, anxiety filling her small voice.

Makayla walks towards Meredith, and she steps back, backing away from my sisters icy blue eyes.

"How could you?" She asks, her eyes glistening. "How could you take away the only thing we have left?"

A short lady with dark skin and chocolate brown eyes come storming in the room, charging at them.

"Enough!" She says, ushering my family members out of the room. "You need to leave."
She pauses, her eyes widening when Macy doesn't move. "Did I not make myself clear? I said now, now shoo!"

Macy gathers herself and heads out of the door, shooting daggers with her eyes at Meredith.

Silence fills the room as Arizona and Bailey check the vitals on the screen hooked to my chest and arm.

A million thoughts raise to my mind all at once, overwhelming me.

I let out a pained sigh as a wave of vertigo and pain bangs me in the chest, making my stomach churn.

I turn over to the side, emptying my stomach onto the floor, heaving the blood spotted bile and wincing while it burns my throat like liquid acid.