thirteen

Arizona Robbins

-

She hasn't eaten at all for about two days, and for all we know, based on her weight, she hasn't eaten much at all for at least a couple of months.

Eliza gasps for air, coughing and heaving from the energy of emptying her stomach took out of her.

She looks flushed, and the fact that she just woke up from surgery doesn't help the situation right now.

"Okay, you two need to get out of here." Karev demands at the couple, pushing them out before they can object and locking the door.

"Hey," I coo, rubbing her hand. "It's okay, bud, you're okay."

"Uh, Dr. Robbins?" Bailey says, pointing to her vomit. "You might want to.." She trails off, as if sighing in complaint.

"Oh"'I say absentmindedly, staring at the splotches of blood in her bile. "Dr. Karev, can you please set up a dose of acetaminophen, 50 milligrams of dilaudid, and a gastrostomy tube."

"No," Eliza whines, her voice breaking as her lip quivers. "I 'wanna go home!"

And there it is, the water works.

You gotta feel bad for her though, she's a cutie pie.

High maintenance, but nonetheless still a cutie pie.

She starts to get up when she sees Alex coming in with the supplies; a needle, the gastrostomy tube, and a file of dilaudid in a small container.

Bailey jumps into action when Eliza seems prepared to pounce, pushing her back into bead and pinning her down by the chest, still being careful of not to hurt the poor thing.

She starts squirming and hyperventilating when I start to rub alcohol on her abdomen, and I sigh, just trying to get it done as quick as possible.

She lets out a scream when I inject her with a lidocaine to numb the area.

"Bailey!" I yell, starting to get frustrated. "Take care of it."

She thrashes under Baileys grip as I put the tube in, making me cut a slice through her skin.

Her screech fills my eardrums, making my ears ring.

"Shit."