eight

Eliza Brown

-

Pain.

Some people hide their pain, and some people show it. With some people, you can never know when here sad, because they hide it in the most beautiful smile, tying to stop the tears from flowing.

That used to be me. But now...I'm empty. I don't smile anymore to hide my pain, I just burry it down again and again, trying not to suffocate on it as it creeps up my neck.

I open my eyes, choking on blood. I look around slowly, my eyes not willing to focus on anything.

I see what looks like Meredith bracing my neck to keep my head from falling back. But she's not the only one in my room, almost ten of them surround me, some of them standing behind with a defibrillator, dragging it out of the room.

Pain radiates through me, setting fire to my veins.

I close my eyes, the weight of agonizing pain and exhaustion pushing at my eyelids, only opening them slightly as I feel shaking against my arm.

"Eliza," Meredith crows. She shakes my arm again as my eyes close. "No. No Eliza, wait. You are not going out now, you hear me? No!" She panics as they sprint me on the gurney toward the OR room.

I use all of my strength to given her a signal before my light burns out, squeezing her hand just as I exhale, letting the drugs take me over my body.