ten

Eliza Brown

-

I would run somewhere safe, but my options are limited.

My lungs still burn with pain as if I am underwater, slowly running out of oxygen.

I don't know why I'm hiding. I love Mykayla, Sawyer and Sophia but it's just..too much to fast.

Too much to soon.

"Eliza?" A panicked voice calls, obviously Meredith. I can almost see her blue eyes bulging.

I poke my head out from under the bed, staring at her with my emeralds.

I would speak, but I'm kind of holding my breath right now, cause if I do speak, or even breath, I'm pretty sure I'll cry out in pain.

"They're gone, Eliza. They're gone." She whispers, as if saying it to herself.

I tilt my head back, letting it lay on the cold tile floor, trying not to move.

I let out a sigh, a warm tear sliding down my cheek as I let her grab me from under the bed,lifting me back onto the bed.

"I 'wanna see them." I sigh, my voice hoarse and raspy, making me clear it a few times.

"You do?" She asks, a small smile suppressing on her lips. "You have quite a large family, you know that?" She laughs, stroking my arm.

I snort. "It's not always a good thing. A few of 'em are good, but most of them are bad." I state, letting out on giggle when Meredith practically chokes on air in a fit of laughter. "Mckayla and Sophia are pure evil."

"Well, when you have seven sisters, there has to be some bad mixed in with the good, right?" She laughs, and I notice Derek smirking at us through the window, but I choose to ignore him.

"So, tell me a little bit about them." She smiles, eyeing the monitor that I'm hooked up to.

"Well, Sophia and Mykayla are twins, and they're twenty-seven." I pause and roll my eyes, remembering them bickering in there shared room, fighting for space even though the room was practically its own floor. "And Sawyer is twenty."

"Who's your least and most favorite?" Meredith asks, smiling at me intently, urging me to continue.

"Sawyer is definitely my favourite by far." I laugh, my stomach twisting with longing as I remember all those days we would spend together since she went to college about ten minutes away from were we lived. "Sophia and Mykayla are my least favorite, but only because they would barely let my feet touch the ground, and to the rest, I was practically their rag-doll."

Owen comes in the room, his eyes smiling but facial expressions slightly concerned.

"She's awake!" He says excitedly, throwing his hands in the air. "And there's a whole crowd of people waiting for you in the lobby!"

My family comes running in, their faces all excited and shocked.

Well, most of them. Sophia's face...I don't know how to describe it.

My face is bombarded with kisses, but my stomach still twists at the sight of Sophia.

"You're the reason they're dead. You're the reason why mom and dad are dead. You should be dead!" She screams.

She lunges at me, aiming at my throat.