seventeen

Eliza Brown 

-

I let out a horse moan, clutching my throat in pain as I gurgle, blood spewing from my mouth violently. 

I loll my head to the side, hazily seeing Alex grab a fire extinguisher from the closet, knocking my abductor in the head with it, leading him to fall on the floor in a heap, unconscious. 

"Oh my god," Jo yells, rushing towards my side. 

Jo presses her hands against my neck, trying to keep the blood in as Alex rushes outside the door to grab gauze and packing tissue. 

"Alex!" Jo squeaks as my eyes start to flutter shut, desperately trying to keep me conscious. 

"This is going to hurt, okay?" I manage to hear from Alex, gurgling on my blood as a muffled scream comes from my throat as Alex starts to sew my wound shut. 

I gasp, trying to stay awake as pain envelopes every sense of my body. 

"Thank god," Alex breathes, stitching my neck up as fast as he can to keep me from bleeding out. "It didn't hit her carotid artery--just a vein." 

My vision starts to blur, and I can feel my heart start to slow. 

"Her lips," Jo panics, grabbing my face as I battle to keep my eyes open. "Her lips Alex--they're blue! They're blue, Alex! She's losing oxygen--dying!"

"Eliza!" Alex screams at me, shaking my arm to try to get my eyes open. "Don't you dare quit on me; understand? You are not dying today because of him. That is not how you're going to leave this world." 

He continues to speak, but I'm just so tired

The last that I manage to peel my eyes open to see is Amelia rushing through the door, letting out a scream as she sinks to the floor, letting out a muffled cry as my eyes seal shut.