Royal Wedding

Weeks passed by after the battle. There were times where Alteon's chaorruption kicked in, and there were times it seemed to have disappeared. As the citizens protect Alteon from giving in, they also prepare for the Royal Wedding of Brentan and Brittany.

Alteon and Brentan were in a room, preparing for the day ahead of them. Brentan was in a red and golden top for the wedding and Alteon helplessly had to accept how purple his armor was. Suddenly, a chaos monster appeared, and it was driven away by a book that Brentan threw.

"How can you just sit there when those things keep returning?" Brentan asked. "They make my skin crawl."

"I-I cannot tell when they approach anymore. It is as if they are a part of me," Alteon replied. "Sometimes, I see through their eyes. Feel them watching through mine."

"I cannot imagine what you are going through, Sire. I have no words."

"It is up to me, you never will, my boy. You and Brittany will live long, happy, peaceful lives. I am still king, I can ensure that much!"

Alteon patted Brentan, and Brentan looked away. "Come, let's continue the preparations for my daughter's wedding. Purple is such a grand color. Regal. Majestic. Queens always wear it well."

They prepared for the wedding. Brentan met up with Gomfalion and Gamzati somewhere around the archives.

"His highness ordered it, Gomfalion," Gamzati chuckled. "We're supposed to help deliver invitations."

"Really now... With all these chaos monsters running around-" Gomfalion stuttered. "You want us to play messenger? Now?"

"Is there something wrong with replaying messages and announcements?" Gamzati smiled.

"Er- no... just- I have this weapon here and it's just-"

"A perfect opportunity for you to scout out any dangers in the area, don't you think?" Brentan asked. "I'm sure by the time you come back the Herald will have the next batch of invitations for you."

"I suppose you have a point, Your Highness," Gomfalion said.

"I'm not that... Not yet," Brentan said. "Maybe never."

"The king has you worried too?" Gamzati asked.

"Very much. He talking to himself much more. Flinching and twitching," Brentan replied. "After he's left the room, I almost thought I was hearing things! Whispers... Mutters..."

"Take heart, Brentan," Gomfalion said. "We've never had yet a wedding that didn't end-"

"With piles of wrapping paper everywhere, broken berry mugs on the ground, and dragons roaring triumphantly," Brentan interrupted. "I know. Tara made sure I knew. She makes sure I know she knows."

"Yeah, about that? It never stops," Gamzati said. "I told you about the first time we met, right? With the dragon battles and the-"

Suddenly, a small girl in a pink dress appeared with a sword and a teddy dragon. It was Tara.

"I'm just going to- deliver these invitations," Gamzati said as she took Gomfalion's hand and pulled him.

"Coward!" Brentan teased. "What's worse, battling chaos or playing knight vs. dragon with a little princess?"

Then Tara threw her toy dragon.

"Right..."

Gomfalion and Gamzati began their travels around, giving invitations to everyone, from Artix to Cysero, and Warlic to Alina, and many more. All of them eventually accepted the invitations, and proceeded to the ceremony in the best clothes they could find. After all of the invitations and the scouting for chaos monsters, they quickly passed by Shadowfall, to fetch Chizet and Gamzati, who were in the throne room, conversing with the empress.