Drabble Sixteen - Where Nathan Marries Max

#16

~Sang~

I strolled into the kitchen to get some lunch. My heart was set on a banana and yogurt for some reason, and I was determined to get one.

"Sang?" I heard Nathan ask. I turned around to face him. He was grinning.

"What?"

"I'm getting married." My eyebrows shot up.

"I hate repeating myself, but: what?"

"I'm getting married. To Max." Okaaaaaaaaay. I opened the fridge, grabbing my yogurt. Yuck; coconut flavor. It would have to do, though. I closed the fridge door and leaned on it.

"Nathan, who's Max?"

"You know him." Him? I searched my memory for a Max- oh god. Really? Really?! This had to be some sick joke. I'd play along, though.

"I support you no matter what Nathan. I hope you and a Labrador are very...Um...Happy together?"

"That means so much, Sang, because I want you to be my best man."

"Not that I'm judging, but aren't the grooms best man a...man?"

"Usually, but Max has asked the guys to be bridesmaids."

"That's right, Trouble!" Meanie shouted. I stared. He was dressed in an obnoxiously pink dress and twirling around. So were the other guys.

Silence spread long and awkward. Then there was barking.

I spun round, face to...Muzzle, with Max, Kota's dog. He was dressed in a long white wedding gown.

"Dear god," I whispered, mortified, "you guys are taking this joke a little too far." To my utter shock, Max stood up on his hind legs and frowned as much as a dog could frown.

"You're dreaming, Sang," Max said. His voice was high and girlish.

"That would explain some things, but prove it." Max smirked a dog smirk.

"Abra-cadabra you're naked." I stared down at myself. Yup. Naked.

"Oh," I said.

***

I screamed and sat straight up in the bed.

North rubbed his eyes sleepily and sat up beside me.

"What was it, Sang Baby?" he asked. I was breathing fast, and sweating from the dream.

"You don't want to know, North Star. You don't want to know."