Drabble Sixty - Bordem

#60

BORED

I am so bored. So very very bored. Catastrophically bored. It's like a nuclear-bored-bomb was set off in my head. I am laying on my bed, waiting for something remotely interesting to happen. I can't believe because the boys are here I am this bored. They're all on an assignment so I can't really talk to one of them. I don't feel like reading and I have all my homework up to date. The cupboards are bare of any cooking ingredients other than yogurts and ham. Let me tell you, from experience, they don't go well together....

I sigh and try desperately to do something but I am running out of options, I couldn't even go out because it was raining so much. I sit up and start walking round my bedroom in circles, staring at the floor. I really was bored. I thought it would be worth to try texting one of the guys.

Sang: I'm bored......

Sang: I'm reeeeeaaaaally bored.

Sang: Someone talk to me. Please.

They're all ignoring me. Time to break out the big guns.

Sang: I'm pregnant. With Rocky's baby. It's twins.

Nothing. Not even from Luke or North. I wait for about 10 minutes before giving up on them. I literally have nothing else to do. I started jumping around in circles and it reminds me of the trampoline outside. I miss the outside, it feels like I have been trapped my entire life and I can't seem to find a way out. I know it isn't true but I am just so desperately bored right now.

I stop jumping in circles because it makes me go dizzy and head out of my room. I don't know what I was thinking of but I stopped outside of Marie's room. I opened it and was shocked by how messy it was. I had to search to see if she was there at all because there were so many piles of stuff everywhere, if was difficult not to. I built up some courage and waded my way through the room to the center. Boredom has had to come to this.

I was looking for something around the room when I noticed a box near the door. I smiled, grateful for it to be near the outside so I could get out quickly. I was just really worried that I could step on a rat or something. I slid, when I say slid I needed to push stuff out of the way first, so it was by the door. I carefully opened the box to see old children's toys. From dolls I remember once seeing to a toy car and even a harmonica. Where did she find this? I picked the harmonica and put the rest of it back, I wanted to have a go at this.

I went to the kitchen to clean it out so I didn't catch anything, who knows where it has been before that box? I breathed into it and out again noting it had made a different sound in pitch. I smiled to myself, this was my new entertainment. I ran upstairs and into my bedroom. I breathed in and out against the harmonica, sliding it along to create various tunes. I got way too invested in it and ever started looking at how to do songs on it. I YouTubed so many videos on it and I think I did quite well, considering I have never done it before.

I heard a slam of the door and Gabe shouting me to see where I was. I looked at the time. Wow! It had been 2 hours since I texted them, time flies when you're having fun.

"Guys, look what I can do!" I shout as I race down the stairs. I hear several over them laughing at me but I don't know quite why, did I say something? I held out my hands professionally and began to play...I bet they can't, apart from Owen, learn an instrument within 2 hours! I was so pleased with myself.