Drabble Forty-One - Fighting With Volto

#41

~Sang~

"I must say, my dear," Volta's mechanical voice echoed through the room, "you look beautiful in the candlelight."

"Go jump off a cliff."

"Positively enchanting, really."

"Slam your head off a wall."

"The ropes bring out the green of your eyes."

"I hope a dog savages you and gives you rabies." Volto shrugged, his expression hidden behind the mask.

"That's a new one."

"I'm very creative."

"And how glad I am because of it."

"I aim to please."

He laughed, the sound distorted and wrong. Stepping forward, a gloved finger went under my chin and tipped my head up to look at him. The mask was painfully blank, and it made me want to cringe. I wanted to see some sort of reaction, anything, just to prove that he was human. It was too...Serene.

"All you had to do was come with me. I'm saving you Sang. Why can't you see that?" I let out a harsh laugh.

"Yeah, if your definition of 'saving' is hitting me over the head and taking me back to your evil lair."

"I prefer to call it the Awesome Cave."

"Really?"

"No, it's just called my basement." I rolled my eyes.

"Why am I restrained?"

"Because if I allow you to move freely you'll leave." Sighing, I gave him a look.

"That sounds awfully close to something a bad guy would say," I told him. He nodded slightly, and stepped back.

"I'm well aware of the irony, thank you."

We looked at each other for a few moments, me incredulous and him wishing I could see some sort of disturbed hopes he had. The room was dark, with candles sitting on a few shelves and the chair I was sitting on. Not much else was visible, and I couldn't see any sign of a door.

The boys would come soon. I was sure of it.

"Why are you trying to save me?"

"Because I'm too nice."

"Stop trying to lie. Nobody goes through so much effort just to be nice. Why, really?"

"You deserve better than them." I stiffened, looking at him with rigid horror.

"Are you...Jealous?!" I asked. He shook his head a little too fast.

"No."

"Oh. My. God. You ARE! You're jealous of my guys!"

"No I'm not!"

"Yes, you are."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"AM NOT!"

"ARE TOO!"

"I AM NOT!"

"Stop acting like a little kid!"

"You started it," he whined. I glared at him, shifting in the chair as much as my rope restraints would allow.

"Can we just be silent, just for a little bit?" I asked. He huffed and crossed his arms.

"I can't believe I was jealous of them."

"So you WERE!" I cried, triumphant.

"Shut up."