Chapter 4.

Interested

Kimani's P.O.V

I woke up and went to the bathroom and peed. It was around 10pm now and I was just finishing up some work that I had to do, I sat on the toilet seat and my body began to shiver as the coldness shivered through my body. I went to wash my hands and went back into my room, I packed my things up and checked my phone. Chris has sent you a snap! (8pm) I rolled my eyes and checked the message.

Chris: Why do you always air me, did I do something? (7:30)

Chris: Sn, your not replying calm. (7:58)

I laughed to myself, why was he so worried about me, tf. I replied back with;

Mani: Sorry, I was doing work tf, chill bro.

I checked my other messages from my girls and then saw Chris' name pop up again. WHY YOU SO OBSEESED WITH ME!! I sang mentally, like just leave me alone, I don't have time for boys honestly, books before boys mentality.

Chris: Respect me please, don't call me bro.

Mani: It's not that deep but okaaay Christian.

Christ: You got jokes, when I see you, you better be able to talk like this yh.

I rolled my eyes again and put my phone down as I put it on charge. I got on my knees and prayed. 'Heavenly Father thank you for another day, another breathe and another chance, please continue to bless and protect those around me and look after us as we come and go from where we have to go.' I did the Father, The Sun and The Holy Spirit across my body and said Amen. Just as I got into bed I heard my front door close, I got out and went downstairs to my mom. "Hi Mommy!" I said startling her.

"AAh, Kimani you gefo behave usef, (You have to behave yourself.) you can't be doing that!" She said as she laughed and held onto her chest. I laughed as she brought me into a tight embrace. "Oh yeah, we're going to a party this weekend, Aunty Jennifer is having a party for her son, I got your Ankara for the party already." I LOVED going to these things, the vibe, the food and the family, EVERYTHING well except them pervert Uncles, them ones always got me. Being from where I'm from my body shape is there, I have curves, medium sized boobs and like Asia likes to say, NYAAASHHHHH (an ASSSSS.)

"Yassss, he's growing so quickly, he's like 3 now!" I replied twerking in the living room as my mom took of her shoes, she watched me, laughed and joined in with me. After my mom and I got tired I kissed her goodnight and went to my bedroom to sleep. I got my phone once more to check any messages I might have had and saw Chris ... AGAIN. It's nice that he wants to be friends but GO AWAY.

Chris: Stop leaving me on read, like say goodbye or something atleast. I just noticed, I always left him on read.

Mani: LOOL, sorry bro, its a habit, night see you tomorrow maybe. Before I waited for his response I conked out and fell asleep in my bed.

...

I had a late start today as I only had one lesson today, Media. I got into the shower and got myself all cleaned up and dressed. I went to my mirror and looked at myself.

'she's so ugly.'

'why's she so dark?'

'she would be prettier if she bleached.'

I put my towel onto my bed and looked at my body, I had a short frame, 5'4, curves, arched lips, long hair, it had to be my skin. IT IS MY SKIN. I stared at myself and started touching my self, I cupped my boobs into my hand, traced my hips with my hands and stepped closer into the mirror and looked straight into my eyes. I had these moments where I look at myself and see everything that's wrong with me, my skin, my body everything. I sighed as I put Vaseline on my skin and moisturised it. I put on a khaki green tracksuit, my go to black hurraches and black bomber jacket with the pins. I tied my hair up into a bun and pulled some hair to make it loo messy.