Chapter 16.

RESTORED.

Omniscient P.O.V

Kimani and Imani had just got home from Church and were tired from the day already. As they got to the front door they saw a bouquet of white roses, Imani's favourite. Imani bent down and picked up the roses and looked at the note attached to it.

'I know I messed up but I would like to try again with our family, my new number is 077--. Don't hesitate to call me Mani.

- Devon.'

Imani rolled her eyes at the sight of the flowers and sat them down on the counter in the kitchen as she went to get fresh water for them.

"Is it from Dad?" Kimani asked touching the petals of the roses. Soft and delicate as a feather whilst the white innocence of the flowers brightened up the room. Imani nodded as she poured the cold water onto the plants. Kimani went into her room to go over her homework and check if she had done it all, after hearing shuffling she left her room and entered her mothers to see her changed and her hair tied up in a messy bun.

She looked at her mom confused as she had a straight face, no a sinister look on her face, as if she was ready to fight or get in an altercation with somebody. "Mom where are you going?" Kimani asked her mother as she took her keys from the hook.

"Across the road to Michael, I have some words for him." She said cracking her knuckles. Kimani stood confused as she watched her mom through the window jog across the road. Imani jogged across the road and banged on Michael's front door waiting for him to answer the door. Imani was enraged as she kept thinking about Michael.

"Yo, why you knocking like the Feds Mani?" Michael asked scratching his head as he watched her with confusion. Imani barged past him and walked into the kitchen waiting for him to follow. She stood in the kitchen with her fist balled up.

"Should I slap or punch you Michael De'Andre Hall?" Imani questioned with her hand on her hips as she bopped up and down watching him with a screwed up face. Michael stood confused as he watched her, watching him. He felt uncomfortable and confused as she had just barged into his home on a Sunday ready to knock him out.

"What's going on Imani?" Michael asked shaking his head, observing her body language.

"Why are you giving Devon my contact information Michael, did I ask you to give him my shit, did you even ask me if I was fine with that!" She shouted startling Michael. Michael now knew the reason for her abrupt visit, it was because he was giving Devon her personal information, where she lived, her contacts and other personal details. He didn't understand the problem with this, he was trying to reconnect the family and bring the 'old gang' back, back to secondary school days.

"I was just trying to reconnect us all." He said innocently. He was unaware of the stress he was now adding onto Imani's life. She didn't want to be in this predicament, not now, not ever. She was perfectly fine with her daughter, her job was great, she was eating better, she didn't need old flames being rekindled. "What's the problem with that, I'm confused."

"I don't need him in my life Michael, I never did and never have." She said punching the counter, startling Michael. He wasn't scared of anybody but his mother and the women around him such as his sister, cousins and female friends as they all had short fuses and Imani was no different.

"Why can't you try, for Kimani, what did he even do for you to be so aggressive?" He asked confused as she started crying angry tears, she started huffing and puffing as she remembered the night again.

"He slapped me in front of my daughter Michael, imagine what he would do to me if he had liquor in him." She said breaking down, from anger to sadness. "He slapped me, he said he would never hurt me Michael, he said, he wouldn't." She said in between tears, she touched her cheek where he slapped her and cried into her hands. Michael watched her in awe as he saw a side of Imani he had never seen before. Imani was one of the strongest women he knew and he couldn't believe she was here in his kitchen, crying.