Chapter 11.

'Everything that shines isn't Gold.'

HIS TRUTH.

Kimani's P.O.V

Wednesday, 6:50am, Kimani's House.

I got out my clothes, today was some day where we had to wear colours that our classes picked out and do some 'bonding' activities with our Tutorial groups. Our colour was blue, it seems generic but look in your closet, wardrobe or drawers and how many blue things other than jeans do you have? Well I have like one thing and its a pj top, well had one now I have about three. Yesterday I went to Primark with the girls to buy some quick generic clothes, I just bought a dark navy blue off the shoulder top which I was going to wear with black high waisted jeans and my all black vans. Simple but nice. I bought the same top in two other colours, white and black, again simple but nice.

"Hello Chris." I said as I replied to my ringing phone. Christian was trying to FaceTime with me, he wanted to see what I was wearing so we could 'match.'

"Ayee, thats what I'm wearing yah know!" He said milly rocking as he analysed what I was wearing, I giggled as he slowed down his milly rock and then started getting aggressive with it. "Why do you wanna be me so badly bro?" He asked as I slicked my edges. Why do I want to be who bro? Really? I'm just tryna look cute for school not you.

"Because you're .. ULTIMATE." I said in my Denzel Curry voice. He scrunched up his face as he watched me strangely. Doesn't he know what I mean, Denzel Curry- Ultimate is so bait, I don't know how he couldn't know him. "Don't you know the guy that made that 'I am da one dont weight a tonne' song?" I asked trying to understand his confusion with my reference.

"Ooh my man on vine!" He said laughing as he clocked onto what I was trying to reference. "I saw some one where he threw the basketball or something into the net without looking, it was actually sick." He said shuffling around. His phone was now placed on some sort of stand so I could see his whole outfit, he had on a navy blue jumper, black jeans and all black Nike air forces. It was going to be around 20 degrees today and he has on a crewneck jumper.

"Aren't you going to be hot in that jumper?" I asked asking my mental question. I literally confused by what he was trying to do. Burn or something?

"Naaah, I'm too cold to get hot b." He said brushing off his shoulders and playfully licking his lips, I shook my head and laughed at this guy, goofy head ass. "Aye, I'm leaving ina bit so I'll see you when I see you init." He said insinuating he was going to hang up the phone.

"Itee, bye bro." I said as he hung up the call. I put on my bomber jacket and backpack after looking at myself in the mirror. I looked OK. I left my house and walked to the bus stop to see Asia and Shemika, Asia had on the colour green and Shemika had on Orange. We looked like some skittles, I'm used to wearing neutral colours most of the time, not all these bright colours, well navy blue is kinda dark but still, you know what I mean man.

...

Wednesday, 8:30am, School.

We came off the bus and it seemed like we had entered some sort of circus, the whole school had on different colours and it was mad. All of the first years were dressed in some sort of colour. It was kind of funny to see as you could see some people wearing certain outfits that didn't make sense, they looked out of place like their moms or dads forced them to wear the outfit. We had about 15 minutes to get class so we just made snapchats showing our outfits and stuff. As I watched everyone I thought about the opportunity I could have had to take pictures of everyone, this would have been cute, all the different colours, outfits, hairstyles, makeup styles and stuff. "Come, the bells about to go." Shemika said pulling me towards the building. Damn, school just lets time fly by.