Taemin- It's Not Gone, Just Lost

Taemin POV:
Neither of us dated for a while after we had separated. I knew my reasons, but why didn't she date someone else? Don't get me wrong it made me feel a little better cause I still had a chance to fix things, but the bad thing was that she was always unhappy. So I have to find answers. Why did we fall back, and why can't I move on? And then find a solution for this problem.

First I have to go back to before we broke up. We weren't as compassionate as time went by. Nor were we as lovable and comfortable as before. By why was that? Was it something we lacked? Something was missing maybe?

We had everything. We loved each other. We had no problem with skinship. We encouraged each other. She was my best friend... what is it??

I shot up in my seat and it came to me.

Communication.

We stopped talking slowly and graduallly as time went by. We stopped saying "I love you." And "How was your day?" Or "Are you okay? Do you want to talk?". That was it.

Our love isn't gone...
It's just lost.

Lost behind words we never said.

I ran out the house and sped off in my car to her house. Damn I hope she's home! I hope she wants to talk. When I arrived, my shaking hand pressed her doorbell gently. She opened it but she seemed unsure of what to do. 
"Taemin..."
"We need to talk." I said.
"I want to talk about us and what went wrong. I've been thinking about you and I finally have an answer."
She shook her head and her eyes were tearing up.
"No Taemin. I can't. It wasn't working okay! We're just not right anymore so-"
"But I have an answer now!" I interrupted.
"Talk to me sometime today, please!"
"No! I can't okay? I'm busy later." She said.
I took her hand and looked her in the eyes.
"Alright not later then. What about now?" I begged.
She looked at me and sighed.
"I'm gonna be honest. I don't know how much more of a front I can keep up. I want to talk to you. So let's talk."

She let me in and we sat down on opposite sides of the couch. It was a bit akward but I knew soon it would all be fine.
"I was wondering about us for a while now. I thought we did everything right but I didn't understand why we broke up even though we both loved each other. First I wanna ask... do you still love me?" I said with a shaky heart.
She lightly smiled and nodded.
"I do."
My heart rose with joy as I continued.
"Good. Cause I need you to know that I love you. I'm in love with you. And I know now that what we lacked was communication. And just communicating with you now is making me love you more. I love talking to you and laughing with you." I said as she smiled and scooted closer. I did the same.
"I want to be with you. What we had was just lost behind a lack of communication. So now, will you start over with me and stay with me?"

She smiled and by this time we were close enough to kiss. So we did. And it was better after finally talking to her.