Minho: Finally

You sat on the bleachers of your school's football field. Your crush was the star player on the team. Kim Jonghyun . You've been seeing him for a while and thought of nothing more than making him yours. But what you didn't know was feelings from someone else. Your best friend Choi Minho has had a crush on you. You never saw him show you any emotion of it, only because he hid it for so long.

            As you watched him practice for the big game on Friday, Minho had spotted you as he scanned the bleachers for your appearance. He smiled seeing you and ran over. You heard the metal bleachers rumble as his footsteps were placed harshly on them as he ran. You spotted him and smiled as he reached your destination. You scooted over for him to take a seat. "Hey (y/n)!" He greeted. "Hey! I thought you were practicing your soccer for your game coming up." You said. "Yeah well I knew you'd be over here so I snuck away for a bit."
"Aww, thanks." You sighed. "Man, look at Jonghyun. He's great isn't he?" Minho got jealous. He would always get depressed when you would talk about Jonghyun around him, which was always. "Yeupp...great. Oh! So are you coming to my game on Friday?" You panicked inside. It was stupid for the soccer game and football game to be on the same day. You really wanted to go see Minho play, but wanted more to see Jonghyun. "Actually, I was gonna go to Jonghyun's game on Friday. Sorry."
"But you promised to come to my game! This is the championships! I need you there." He told you. "You know what, go to Jonghyun like always. I'll see you later." And just like that he walked away without another word. Minho had never been mad at you before. It hurt seeing him like this.

        You waited for Jonghyun to come out of the locker room as he changed out of his gear. As he stepped out and looked to you, you got flustered and had butterflies, but held your self together. "Here's your bag Jonghyun." You said handing it to him. "Thanks. You know you don't have to come to every practice if you don't want to."
"What? But I do! Really." He smiled. "So I'm really looking forward to your game Friday." He looked at you confused. "Aren't you going to Minho's game? Aren't you two dating?" He asked. "What??" You said loudly. "What makes you think that?"
"Well that's what everyone thinks. You two are always spotted together so that's why it's kinda believable." He explained. "No no, you have it all wrong. Minho is my best friend."
"(y/n), you should go to his game. It'd make more sense if you went to your best friend's game instead of mine." You had always went to every single one of Minho's games. Not one of Jonghyun's. It did make more sense. Your mind was changed.

        You stepped into the crowd of cheering people. You took a seat in the front and scanned the soccer field for Minho. As you spotted him you smiled. He was playing his best like always, giving 110%. As the game went on, you made sure you had the highest support and cheered the loudest. Then the end moment came when Minhoo had the ball to kick to the goalie. Would he make the win, or let his team down? His leg swung back, then out and kicked the ball. The crowd stood up in anticipation. The ball came closer and closer to the goal. The goalie missed and the ball hit the net. His team had won! The team lifted him in the air and you screamed and yelled for him and his success. As they put him down, you wanted to be the first to congratulate him. You got up and walked on the field and looked for him. As your eyes locked on him like a target, a girl was beside him. A girl with diamond eyes and dark long hair.  She was smiling and touching him in flirtatious ways. Anger welled up inside your stomach like a boiling pot. Instead of approaching him, you watched him from the sidelines as he smiled at the girl. As your heart began to ache, you turned and headed home.

        You plopped onto your bed and sat there thinking. You looked at the picture near your window of you and him. It was his last game that they had won. He had picked you up and kissed your cheek in the frame. You smiled, and felt bad also. You had a strong realization that maybe it wasn't Jonghyun, but Minho that you liked this whole time. "I have to apologize." You said aloud.

        As the doorbell rang after your finger released the button, the door opened. His mother smiled down at you. "Nice to see you again (y/n)!" She greeted happily to see you again. You smiled. "Hi Mrs. Choi. Is Minho home?"
"Yes, he's upstairs." She invited you in and you walked up the all too familiar steps. You knocked on his bedroom door and waited for a response. As the knob turned, and the door opened, a bright smiling boy stood in front of you. "(y/n)! Whatya doing here?" He asked. "I wanted to talk to you."
            He let you in his room and you took seat on the bed. "So wassup?" he asked. "I wanted to say I'm sorry for making you angry at me." You apologized. "Don't worry about it. I can never stay mad at you anyway." He said smiling. "Oh! I went to your game by the way." You told him. He jumped up in excitement. "Really? You did! I thought you went to Jonghyun's game."
"Nah, I realized I should be with you instead of him." As you realized what you said and how it came out, you panicked. "I meant your game!" You yelled. He chuckled and sat next to you. "So why didn't you come say anything to me? He asked curious. "I was! Then I saw you with this girl and something boiled in my blood and I left."
"Why wouldn't you talk to me even if I was talking to some girl?" There was a moment of silence and then a light bulb. "OH MY GOD YOU WERE TOTALLY JEALOUS!" He yelled getting the point. "What?! I was not! You're crazy." You retorted. You turned from him being stubborn. You heard a chuckle from him. "What's so funny?" You asked not turning to him. "Man, I waited for this..." Your eyes shot open wide and you quickly faced him. "Waited for what?"
"Well, if you were jealous, you'd have to like me back." He said smiling and biting down on his lover lip. It made you insane. "Ok maybe I was jealous, but what does that mean? Wait...what do you mean 'like you back'?" You said recapping at what he had just said. Out of the blue, a kiss was softly placed on your lips, as if he waited to do so for years. Your heart did tumbles and flips as if training for the Olympics. You melted and kissed back with all the passion in your soul and body. He pulled away and smiled at you. "I've waited...for you to put your heart in my hands." You smiled and kissed his again with love and joy.
            "It's about time you two admitted your love!" You looked away to the doorway seeing that Minho never shut his door. His mom stood there smiling. "MOM!"