Onew: Vocal Coach

You have a performance coming up for the spring vesitval this month. You were planning on singing but your voice just wasn't cooperating like it normally would. You needed help and fast. You didn't know who to ask! You thought quickly and hard.
"Jinki!" You finally said and ran out the house to your car.

As you drove to his house you knew it would be perfect. He had the most amazing voice of anyone you knew. Who else could be better for a vocal coach? As you finally reached his house, you ran to the door and knocked quickly.
"Y/n?"
"Jinki, I need your help. Can I come in?" You asked.
"Yeah of course." he smiled.
"So I need a favor." You started.
"Wassup?"
"So you know the spring festival coming up?"
"Mhmm."
"I'm going to be singing but my voice just isn't working with me. So I thought maybe you could be my vocal coach?"
Jinki smirked and leaned foward on his elbows. Seeing him this way, or in any way matter of fact, made your heart race. Yeah you had a crush on Jinki. That was another good reason to ask him for help. It would help you spend some quality time with the popular singer.
"Okay. But on one condition." He held up a finger.
"Anything."
"I was going to sing for the festival too. But now that I think about it, it would be nice if you would sing with me." He smiled genuinely.
"Me? Sing with you?"
"Mhmm. It'll sound great. I know it."
You agreed and he started to help you out.

"First you have to drink this."
You looked at the mug infront of you.
"What's in it?"
"Tea. But it's a tea that help smooth your throat. Plus I added extra honey to help. Drink up!" He said clinking mugs to yours with his own cup he made for himself.
"What, is this your little secret?" You laughed.
"You could say that."
After drinking for a while and talking since it was hot and needed to cool before drinking, you finally got to work.
"Ok so I want you to repeat after me."
You didn't know what he was doing but you didn't say no. He started to sing a veriety of notes and you repeated them. Surprisingly, the tea he made did contribute to this lesson. You did mess up a few times but after hours of practice for the day, you did well.

"Alright we're good for the day." He dismissed you.
"Thank you so much Jinki!"
"No problem y/n! Oh! Before you go, I want to show you my song I was gonna sing. But now that you're singing with me I need to show it to you."
You smiled as he grabbed your hand and lead you into a room where he worked on writing songs.
"Here."
He showed you the sheet and you read the words.
"This is nice. Can you sing it for me? Please?" You begged.
He ruffled your hair and agreed to sing it to you.
He cleared his threat and sang the chorus.

Baby can you hear me out?
I just wanna make you mine
I don't wanna waste your time
I just wanna make you smile
Baby you can hold my hand
And lemme know when you're ready to go
And we don't gotta be in love
Yea we can just take it slow

You clapped in awe and smiled at the words.

"Who's this for?" You asked wanting to know, even thought you knew you'd probably hate his answer.
"You."
You stopped to try and recollect yourself.
"I'm sorry?"
"You. I wrote this months ago, about you."
You smiled but didn't know what to say.
"Oh um...thanks?"
"You like me don't you?"
"What!?"
He slowly grabbed your hand and brought it to his lips.
"It's okay. I know you do." He laughed teasing you.
"Don't be cocky Lee Jinki."
He smiled and brought you into a hug.
"It's okay you don't have to say it now. You can confess after we sing our song together and kiss me back stage afterwards."
You chuckled and pulled away from his warm hug.
"I don't want to wait anymore." You said before finally kissing him.
"Lee Jinki, I like you."
He smiled and kissed you once more.