Jonghyun: I'll Be There

You watched him. He sat alone in the back of the class completely isolated from everyone. He was they guy with no friends. No one payed attention to him. It was like he was invisible. Except to you. You noticed. You saw him. Only you. You watched his dark features and hair drape over his forehead. He was still and cold. Your heart trembled as you starred at him more and more. "(y/n)!" You snapped out of your daze and looked to your brunette friend. "Sorry Jennie." You apologized. "What were you looking at?"

"Jonghyun. He's all alone. All the time. It's kinda sad." You expressed. "The emo guy? C'mon really? What's he so special for?"

"Jennie! Everyone's special. He should at least be given a chance. No one deserves to be all alone."

"Alright everyone, get into partners for this next worksheet." The teacher spoke. As the papers were being handed out, Jennie looked to you. "C'mon (y/n) work with me."

"I'm gonna work with Jonghyun." You answered. "What?" she asked astonished. "It's just this one time." You told her as you made your way to the back of the class. Everyone looked at you. Why would someone like you; bright, cheerful, and happy, associate with someone like Jonghyun ; deep, dark, and quiet.

        You took the empty seat next to him. "Hey Jonghyun." You greeted with a smile. He was confused. A smile was never directed at him. "You're...talking to me?" he asked. You giggled. "You are Jonghyun
aren't ya?" He didn't know what to do or how to feel. For the first time, someone had talked to him. "Why are you over here?" he asked turning his face. "No one ever associates with me."

"Then all those people who don't are crazy." You replied. He looked to you surprised. "No one deserves to be alone. Now let's work on this math shall we? I'll help you." You offered. Jonghyun let out his first smile. It was the start of a brand new change for his life. The clouds lifted and the rain subsided. The sun lifted and the warmth shone on Jonghyun for the first time.

         Everything changed for you...for the worst. Ever since you befriended Jonghyun, people had shunned you for even involving yourself with him. Friends disappeared. The only friend you had left, was Jonghyun. He was the only one there for you now.

        As you knocked on Jonghyun's door, tears ran endlessly down the sides of your cheeks. You waited in the chilly fall weather for an answer. The door opened revealing his older sister Seodam . "(y/n)." escaped her mouth. "Hey, can I see Jonghyun?" You asked. "You don't even have to ask. You've been over too many times for me to be clueless of what you're here for." It made you smile a bit. You stepped inside and sat down on the bulky leather coach and waited for Jonghyun to come around. Footsteps finally sounded and the raven haired boy looked over the railing. As he saw you, he smiled and walked down the rest of the stairs and sat next to you in his living room. "Sup girl?" he said to you like always in his happy tone. He embraced you. You smiled a bit and then looked at him. "I need to talk to someone." You told him. He saw the pain in your eyes. "What's wrong?" he asked gently with his arm still slightly around you. "Ever since I've been friends with you, I've been getting bullied and loosing all my friends. It's just awful..."
"Are you saying we can't be friends anymore?" he asked a little scared. "No! That's not it."

"Good. I don't know what I'd do without you." He said. "Thanks." You buried your head in his chest as he held you through your painful time. "Ya know, anyone who doesn't wanna be your friend is crazy. No one deserves to be alone." Your heart raced as he repeated the words you had said to him a long time ago. "
Jonghyun..."

"I'm the only friend you need. If people leave, they're not true to you. I understand that pain. So I won't let you go through what I did one time. That's why I'm here now. I'll be here, always." His gentle words rang in your ears like Christmas bells all over the world ringing simultaneously. You looked at him as he looked deeply into your eyes with pure truth and love. As he leaned in, your lips barley touched but just enough for him to make a move. His passionate kiss sent you into a world of safety. He was now not just a friend, but more. He was also the only person you trusted with your life and to look to for happiness. "You saved me, now I'll save you."