Chapter Five

REALLY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END.

-------------------

"Kimberlyyyy" I say drawing out her name in frustration.

"What?" She says giggling at my frustration.

"Stop touching my hair" I yelled pulling my hair out of her hands.

"But it's so soft" she replies in a whiny voice.

I knew I shouldn't have let her drink to much.

"Look, I have to get my presentation ready for tomorrow's meeting and you doing this is not helping me think".

"Sorry but I'm bored it's so hot"

If there's one thing I've noticed about Kimberly it's that when she gets drunk she turns into a whiny little girl.

"Go sit in the corner, you are getting a time out" I said in my best parent voice.

"You can't give me a time out, you're not my mom" she snapped back but with a stern glare from me she begrudgingly dragged her feet to the corner.

"Finally" I said in relief.

3 hours later...

Finally, I'm done. Who knew that preparing a PowerPoint presentation just for the marketing of a new phone model could be so tiring. I put in a lot of work, time and energy into this so that meeting better go well. I have no idea about tech stuff but I'm just there to market... Which makes me wonder why I even got the job.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The next morning I woke up cheerily and had a bubble bath before eating a wonderful breakfast. I decided to straighten out my hair and push it all to the side on my left shoulder with a Bobby pin holding it in place. I decided to put on a black pant suit and and my three inch Jimmy Choo before grabbing my Louis Vuitton handbag.

I left my apartment with a skip in my steps; strangely excited for my first meeting.

I walked over to Kimberly who lay passed out on my floor.

"Kimberly, wake up." I said "Let's get you to bed."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Getting to the office seemed to take a little more time than it usually did. I walked into the elevator not bothering with the looks of envy and jealousy I was getting from the receptionists.

I walked into my office giving my secretary a brief nod of acknowledgement. I dropped my bag on the lounge chair in my office before taking out my laptop and preparing for my meeting in the next one and a half hour. I sat up in my chair hearing a knock on my door.

"Good morning boss" Leonardo says coming in.

"Good morning to you too and please call me Katie, boss sounds a little bit to formal".

"Okay Katie" he says unsure.

"So what do I have today" I say.

"Well you have a meeting by ten which I'm sure the boss already told you about which is pretty much all before lunch then a briefing to the entire marketing department." He said as he flipped through his planner "That's all for today."

"Thanks Leo, I'm going to go now."

I leave my office with a determined look on my face. While walking to the elevator I heard a gruff voice call my name. I looked back and saw Mr Pierce and two bodyguards.

"Ride with me" He said without waiting for my reply.

With a sigh I got into the elevator with him. Caspian Pierce smelt like man. Pure man. He smelt like nature with a dash of spice and a little bit of man-perfume but I was pretty sure it was just his natural scent.

The ride up was slightly awkward and I could practically feel his body heat while he talked seriously on his phone not once taking a glance at me.

Whew! It's time.

I was walked into the conference room and put down my things while introducing myself to some of the board members present.The meeting starts with a brief introduction of the new marketing manager to everyone present. I put down my things and got started on the presentation.

"According to statistics, the rate at which phones are being sold, has declined to about 45%. We should include things the public needs and change the design of the new model. We want something that is unique..."

The meeting carried on for about three hours before Mr Pierce brought it to a close.

At the end of the meeting, my suggestion was taken to consideration with other suggestions from other people.

"Great job Ms Hayes," Caspian's father said. He handed over the company to his son a month ago which was why I had never seen Caspian before. I think he's not the type to like formal events.

'At least he was never forced to attend formal events'

My dad always forced me to go but without Aiden because our 'relationship'  was not yet public.

Finally after my meeting with the marketing department, I decided to go home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Opening the door to my apartment lazily, I walked in and plopped down on the couch.

"You know, you should have told me you were leaving dad."

A voice I hadn't heard for nine months said. Jumping up from my place on the couch I launched myself at my brother.

"Reginald," I squealed.

Reggie was in Brazil for the past one year handling out company there. I stopped calling him at a point because of the stress a home. He and I were very close, mainly because I could tell him anything and he was a very good listener. I ran away from home when my dad got tired of postponing the engagement.

He hugged me back with equal enthusiasm and kissed me on my cheek.

"I missed you chocolate," he said making me snort at his nickname for me because of my obsession with chocolate.

Caspian

"I want you to spy on Ms Hayes," my dad said as soon as we entered into my office formerly his.

I completely understood where he was coming from because she could be up to anything.

"Okay dad."

He walked out of my office as soon as he I replied.

"Chantel, send Sydney up" I said, hanging up before she could reply.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Oh. Yes. Right there" screamed Sydney.

Whispering a few more dirty words into her ear, we both found our release.

              -----------------------------
Okay. I said five votes but I'm sure you are pretty surprised about this update. My only explanation for this is the fact that I was and still am lazy. I was planning on updating but I had midterms so... Sorry. I change the company's name to Octa because I wanted it to be a technology company that produces gadgets, electrical appliances, home stuff etc kinda like LG. Thanks

Remember to vote, comment and share. Thank you.
Simi.