Chapter Eleven

I stood there, stunned by what just happened. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was. I wanted him to kiss me and he did, but I just kissed him.

Caspian.

My boss.

That was so unprofessional of me. I stood there for another five minutes before reality came crashing down on me. I shouldn't have been doing this. I was . . . attracted to him.

I walked back into my apartment and shut the door behind me. I could hear the soft snores of Kimberly coming from my room. She had agreed to dogsit Yakult for me. I padded my way to the kitchen as quietly as possible and pulled the refrigerator open. I took out a bottle of water before walking to the living room and plopping myself down on the couch. I couldn't get our date out of my head.

Was I supposed to kiss him on the first date despite his reputation? Could I really trust him? I wasn't about to act on my attraction to him, so I decided to stay away from him until I was sure the attraction was gone.

"So, how was your date?" Kimberly asked. I didn't even know she was up. It was past her bedtime.

I recounted my evening with Caspian to her with a silly smile on my face. I promised myself I would keep my distance, but he was too charming. I knew it was wrong, it was against my rules, but I couldn't help myself. I was sexy, I wanted a man----Caspian, but I was to shy to get him. I wasn't a wanton woman, I was Katherine Hayes, the perfectly groomed daughter of Harold and Cecily Hayes. I was not supposed to have a man in my head, I was better than this.

I couldn't stop thinking about him, even when Kimberly and I retired to bed. He was too perfect. With his dark brown hair, his insanely high cheekbones, his angular jaw and his beautiful smile. I didn't have the words to describe him.

He was divine.

I pushed him at the back of my mind and drifted off to sleep.

Caspian

I walked into my penthouse with mixed emotions. I was frustrated, confused, angry---at who, I didn't know, and flustered.

No girl ever affected me the way Katherine had tonight. I couldn't get her lovely laugh out of my mind. I couldn't be attracted to her. She affected me in ways I never thought possible. It might have been new, but I was sure once I had her in my bed I would forget about her completely.

I walked into my room and dropped my keys on my bedside table. I stripped and got ready for a shower.

A dozen showerheads rained down scalding hot water on my taut muscles, trying to help relive the tension.

I closed my eyes and leaned against the wall. I felt the expected turn in my stomach and other parts of my anatomy. Groaning, I switched the water temperature to cold and relaxed.

After my long shower, I hopped into bed and pulled the covers over myself, not bothering to wear anything else.

I tossed and turned all night, thinking about Kat. This new feeling of possessiveness unnerved me, and I didn't like it one bit. I was going to New Orleans, Louisiana, in three days, and I thanked God I didn't have to see her for at least two weeks.

I opened my bedside drawer and took out my sleeping pills and popped some in my mouth. Some minutes later, I felt myself drifting off to sleep.

Katherine

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. It was my brother. He called to tell me about home. My dad, along with him, were trying their best to save the company. They had been able to a loan from the bank, but they still had some things to do. Mom kept in running her fashion school and kept designing dresses for her new collection.

I felt bad that I couldn't be there for them right now.

Reggie and I talked for an hour before I excused myself. If I spent a minute longer, I would be late for work.

I hurried to get dressed for work, pulling on a black dress and heels. I wanted to get to work early, because I didn't want to lose my job, but a voice at the back of my head told me it was because I wanted to see Caspian before he went in to his meeting.

The drive to work took the usual thirty minutes. I got out of my car and decided to get a cup of ice cream from the nearby ice cream shop.

The boy at the counter was young. He couldn't be more than nineteen summers. I ordered a scoop each of the watermelon and blueberry ice cream, and a cupcake to go. He blushed under my gaze before going to back to work.

"But I want the fat free ice cream," a whiny voice said from behind me. I winced slightly because of how childish she sounded.

"They don't have that," a familiar husky voice said from behind me, sounding frustrated with the situation.

"I told you that before you dragged me in here." He didn't sound happy.

But I wasn't happy too. I turned around and saw Caspian with a girl who looked to be my age, with shoulder length honey coloured hair. Her bottom lip jutted out in a ridiculous pout. Shee looked like a model, the type Caspian would go for.

"Katherine." He looked like a kid caught with his hand in a cookie jar.

"Caspian, nice to see you again," I said feigning nonchalance. He looked like he wanted to say something else but he kept his mouth shut instead. Right now, I wanted to plunge a knife into his eyes and pluck out an eyeball.

The model-like girl looked between both of us and furrowed her eyebrows. I knew he didn't have a sister, so who was this girl?

"You two know each other?" She asked looking surprised.

"Yes. Yes we do." Caspian answered her, letting his eyes roam my body before looking back up at my face.

"This is the girl I told you about," he continued.

A wide smile spread across her face as she looked between Caspian and I.

"I'll be in your office. Don't bother with the fat free ice cream, just get the strawberry ice cream for me." She left with a sly smile on her lips. It wasn't like we were going to do anything in public, I thought.

She clearly wasn't a toy of his because​ she knew about me, though I wasn't sure what Caspian had said to her about me.

A throat being cleared snapped my attention back to the boy. My order was ready and we were holding up the line. I collected it from his hands and looked back at Caspian. He winked at me before walking up to place his order.

I walked out the shop and back to the building before going to my office.

I sat in my chair and was about to dig into my ice cream when my phone beeped.

Good morning, Kat. You look great in that dress ;)

Caspian.

I could feel a blush coming on my face. I happily dug into my sweet dish before getting to work.

---------------

I know. I'm a shitty author. Sorry for the wait.

The last chappy didn't get as many votes as I expected, which was disappointing and discouraging. But I'm going to try my best, and improve in my writing skills because they suck, I know.

Again, sorry for the wait.

Much love,
Simi.