Chapter Twenty-Nine

Caspian

"You like her. Admit it," Philip said. I let out a snort, still on my phone.

He continued.

"You have this stupid plan of revenge in you head and it's going to hurt her and you'll hurt yourself too. She's not the cause of her mother's actions. She's innocent in all of this."

"Her mom hurt our sister. She deserves worse and I'm going to hurt her daughter too! So don't bullshit me!"

"Fück you. Even our ma is over it. She's getting better. Just know that you'll get hurt in the process," Philip scoffed and walked away.

"Fück you too. I knew you never loved her like we all did," I shouted behind him.

In a blink of an eye, I was pinned against the wall, Philip holding me by the neck, cutting off my air supply. I struggled to overpower him, feeling my face become blue.

"Say that again and you'll be sorry," he snarled.

He let go of my neck and watched me fall to the ground, gasping for air before he walked away, leaving me alone.

I realized one thing in that moment— I was acting stupid— but that didn't mean I was going to stop.

Katherine

The whole flight home was quiet. Awkwardly quiet. Caspian didn't want to talk and I did not want to force him to.

He dropped me off at home with a light peck on my cheek without saying a word.

I felt sad but it was quickly overcome by anger. I was tired of his hot and cold personality.

It was like Aiden all over again.

Late at night, Caspian called me. He apologized for the way he treated me and explained that he had a disturbing conversation with his brother before he left.

"I'll see you tomorrow at work," he said.

I froze. Caspian probably hadn't been notified that I had emailed my resignation to HR already. I had enough money in my bank account to keep me afloat till the end of the year so finding a job was not going to be a problem.

"Er... Okay." I decided to stick to lying for now.

"Sweet dreams babe."

I blushed.

"Goodnight, Caspian."

A few minutes later, my mom called me. I hadn't spoken to her since I got the job and I had missed her terribly.

"Mom! How–" I started.

"Hello honey. Is what I hear true? You are dating a Pierce?"

I guessed dad and Aiden must have told her already. I'd have been lying if I said that I didn't expect her call.

"Yes, but..."

"No buts, honey. You need to drop him as fast as you can. He's bad news."

I didn't expect her to accept Caspian at once, but her accusations were uncalled for.

"Why? Is it because of his reputation with women?"

"No. He has it out for our family. They all do. Why do you think he made you Head of Marketing? You have only a year of experience, you are young, you are a fresh graduate. He had an ulterior motive. Why do you think none of the decisions you've made regarding your field has not been put forward till now? He's playing you, darling."

My hands quivered. She was paranoid.

"These things take time. He probably liked my resume and what I'd done for Dad's company." I defended.

"This runs deeper than you think, honey. Come back home. We'll accept you back."

Say no to bad energy.

"No, thank you. It was high time I moved out anyway." I wasn't going to budge.

"Did he tell you about his sister?"

"What? He doesn't have a sister. It's just him and his four brothers." I was confused.

"Ask him about his sister. Get in touch with me later."

And she hung up.

I was beginning to get tired of all the riddles and drama going on here and there. I was going to get gray hairs just thinking about it.

Caspian had lied.

How could I know that I could trust him again? I was stupid, thinking he really liked me when he told me of his true intentions at our first meeting.

I was stupid.

But I was also stubborn. I was going to make Caspian love me. He would be with me; no secrets, no obstructions. I was going to get to the bottom of everything.

From his story and mom's story, it seemed that there was history between her and his family. I was no dumb@ss, I could easily connect the dots.

I was going to get to the bottom of everything.

--------------

I have no explanation for my absence but, I'm sorry. I hate author's like me too.

I update in two weeks. Hopefully before then. I'm working on a new story for now so hopefully, I'll get that done quickly.

This is a huge filler chapter for what's to come.

Love,
Simi.