Chapter Eighteen

I was working late. I was to submit my report directly to Caspian tomorrow. He was supposed to come back from his trip tonight. I didn't hear the gentle knock on the door before it was opened.

Caspian sauntered in, looking deliciously handsome in a blue three piece suit and a red tie. His jacket was slung over his shoulders and he gave me a happy smile before walking to me. My mouth dried up at the sight of him.

He pushed me against my desk and captured my mouth in a deep, passionate kiss. I pulled him closer, trying to mash our bodies together as much as possible. He wrapped my legs around his waist and laid his hands on my hips. Unfortunately, we had to pull back for air sooner than I wanted.

"I missed you, bella," he said before leaning in to peck my lips. "I missed you so fucking much. You look so beautiful."

I pushed my face into his chest while I turned red. I let out a childish giggle before looking up at him. His was comforting. He felt like home.

"I missed you more than you missed me, I can bet on it." He chuckled softly and shook his head before nuzzling his face in my neck. He placed small, teasing kisses by the side of my neck before continuing.

"Why are you working late?"

"I–I... Have to submit my report to... Stop it... My boss... You, tomorrow." His not-so-teasing kisses had turned heated already.

"I think he's going to give you some more time to finish it up."

"Oh." He grinded his not-so-little problem on my stomach and continued his assault.

"Let's continue this at my place," he rasped, "Spend the night with me."

My heart hammered against my ribcage––I knew this day was coming, but I didn't know it would be so soon. How was I going to tell him no?

He seemed to sense my hesitation and gave me a chaste kiss in the lips.

"I'll try to be gentle."

I blushed at this words. "That's not it. I don't think I'm ready yet."

"Why? I'm your boyfriend, you are my girlfriend, it's okay for us to have sex. I know you are thinking of it. Besides, it'll feel good. I know I'll feel good."

I didn't think any guy would say something like that with so much sexual arrogance. Is there something like sexual arrogance?

I had to tell him. Sooner or later, he would find out.

Out with it you fool, my subconscious snapped.

"I'm a virgin. I don't want to rush things."

He stood shocked. I would be too if I were him.

"Oh. It's no problem. I was just a little shaken that's all. I'll wait until you are ready, bella. I don't want you to feel pressured into doing what you don't want to do." He place a soft kiss on my forehead before giving me a reassuring smile.

"But can you still stay over tonight? I want you to see my place."

"I'd love to."