Chapter Twelve

Caspian

I couldn't stop thinking about her. I couldn't get her out of my head. I was going to stay away, but she was making it so damn hard. I thought I couldn't like a girl, at least not now. I thought I was immune to attraction.

Sucks.

I decided to call her. I wanted us to meet up before I left for New Orleans. We had some things to talk about. I saw the look in her eyes when she saw me with Esperanza. She seemed hurt and angry at the same time, but I wasn't ready to delve into my life yet. I wasn't going to let her in on my life. I'd just see where whatever-this-is lead to, before letting her in on my life.

I was a private person, but bits and pieces of my life where known by the majority of New York. Being handsome and also one of the richest people in New York didn't really allow me to be as private as I wanted to be. A lot was known about me, but there were parts of my life I saw as extremely private, and I liked it that way.

The dark and brooding look I sported in public made me seem unapproachable. I smirked only when I needed a good lay. I hardly smiled.

But that was what I liked about Kat. She seemed so relaxed, so carefree, and that made me smile. During our date, I smiled more than I had in ages. She had this calming aura around her that made you want to stay around. I hadn't expected to act so sweet during our date---even though Alek had told me to.

She made me... feel things.

Strange things.

I had no explanation for my actions, but all I knew was that I wanted her. I didn't just lust after her, I wanted to have her to myself.

Might as well give it a shot.

I picked up my phone and called her. We agreed to meet at the ice cream shop from this morning---more like I insisted she meet me there in the afternoon---to talk.

I could not believe I was going to talk to a girl, because of feelings. I hurriedly left the small shop and made my way to my office and got ready for the long meetings.

Katherine

I was going to meet up with Caspian. I had no idea what he wanted to talk to me about, but I was anticipating the afternoon.

I was in my office when Sydney barged in like she owned the place. Leonardo ran in after her with a panicked look on his face.

"You!" She screamed.

I was surprised. I hadn't spoken to her since the first time I met her, so I could not understand what the sudden outburst was about.

"I am so sorry ma'am. I tried to get her to wait, but she..." Leo stuttered.

"It's okay." I dismissed him with a wave of my hand.

Once he was out of the door, Sydney carried on with her outburst.

"You! You come in here and take everything from me. You take the position I've always wanted and you take Caspian. You have no right whatsoever to take them."

I looked at her with wide eyes and an open mouth. I wanted to say something, but my mouth kept on opening and closing like a fish out of water.

"Oh, you don't understand me right? Let me enlighten you. Did you or did you not go on a date with Mr. Pierce on Sunday?" Without giving me a chance to answer, she carried on. "I know you did. It's because of you he hasn't called me for days now, isn't it? You are fuçking him aren't you?"

The look on her face was scary. Unlike the sweet look she gave me when we met, she now looked like a dementor from hell. I wasn't going to take this from someone below me.

"This is highly disrespectful, and I am not going to take this from you. This isn't high school! It is not your business what Mr. Pierce and I do. Now, I would appreciate it if you would leave my office and let me work in peace. Unlike you whose job is to please men, I have work to do. I mean work that I'm actually paid for."

Her nostrils flared and her face turned bright red.

"Just stay away from him," she said before she turned out of my office.

Leo came barging in after her. "I am so sorry ma'am, I..." He stuttered.

"Get out."

I wasn't so sure if I wanted to meet Caspian after what happened in the morning. It was past five, and he had already texted me to see if I was still busy, because he was already waiting for me.

I summoned the little courage I had left and marched to the little shop.

Caspian was sitting in one of the little chairs with a friend on his perfect face, looking like an overgrown toddler, but I knew he was far from it. His cover for Vogue Paris for the new month had me sweating in my seat when I saw it.

He was flipping through a copy of said magazine when I stopped in front of him.

"Hey." I said timidly.

"Hey you." 

He dropped the magazine on the table before standing up and pulling out a chair for me. We sat in awkward silence before he spoke.

"I've been thinking about you." His words turned my face fifty shades of red. He chuckled softly at my reaction.

"Me too," I said. It was all I could get out at the moment.

"I can't deny what I'm feeling, and I know you can't too." He said as quietly as possible. "I'm leaving for New Orleans in three days and I wanted to talk about this."

My heart dropped in my chest at his words. He was leaving.

"I am going to come back in three weeks," he said.

"Wait for me." That was all he said and it was enough to turn me into mush.

"I will, but what is this?" I couldn't help asking.

"What you and I have, no one else has." He stood up and gave me a kiss at the corner of my mouth. Then he left.

-------------

Crappy chapter alert. I'm sorry. By the middle of July, my updates will be once a week, or I might feel generous and update twice.

Sorry for the short and crappy chapter. It'll get better.

Love,
Simi.

Please hit that little star and get me a hundred votes. Thanks. BTW, this is Caspian's vogue cover.

I know right <3.