Chapter Seven

Katherine

Yawning, I stretched and felt ready to start the new day. Letting my thoughts drift to last night, a slow smile etched itself on my face. I was in la la land when I heard a screech.

Groaning, I walked out of bed not bothering with my appearance, to go check what the ruckus was about.

I walked into my kitchen to find my brother and friend staring at each other with a horrified look. My brother was standing in just his boxers.

Giving his neck a smack, I pushed him out of my kitchen and told him to go put on some clothes.

"Your brother is a hottie."

Raising a perfectly waxed eyebrow, I questioned her a appalling attitude.

"Don't you have a boyfriend?" I questioned.

"Yes I do, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a nice piece of ass," she retorted with a grin.

"My brother is off limits. Why don't you like close your vagina or something," I joked.

"Hey that's not fair, you get the hot brother, the hot boss, the hot ex boyfriend and the hot dad," she said as she pouted.

"Okay​, that's gross. First off Aiden was never my boyfriend, he was just my almost husband and secondly, you don't get to call my dad 'hot'," I said putting bunny ears around the hot with my fingers "he's married and I trust you don't do married guys. Right?"

"Of course not, how could you think so low of me," she said dramatically.

In the middle of our playful banter, my brother walked out fully dressed in a hoodie and sweatpants. He kissed me on the cheek before turning to Kimberly.

"So, what's your name short-stuff."

"Kimberly," she said dryly.

I left both of them in the kitchen to go get dressed for work. Something tells me today's going to be eventful.

I walked out of my room and told Reggie I was leaving.

"Where's Kimberly?" I said when I walked out.

"She left."

"Can we have lunch together today," he says playing with the tips of his hair, a habit of his when he is nervous.

"Sure. I'll call you when it's time for my lunch break. Did you really think I'll say no, I'm still your little Chocolate," I say with a smile before I left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Has the advertising agency sent the bill," I said looking at Leo with scrutiny.

"Yes ma'am, it's in the second drawer in your office," he said fidgeting under my intense gaze.

Giving him a full blown smile, I walked back into my office. He must think I'm bipolar.

I picked up my phone to call Reggie since it was ten minutes to my lunch break.

"Hey," he said.

"Hello stranger," I joked.

"I can't be a stranger since you are the one who called me, but i'mma let you have your fun."

Rolling my eyes, I said, "I get off soon for lunch, so how about you come pick me up in five."

"Sure." Without waiting for my reply, he hung up.

I got my things and got ready to leave when Leonardo entered my office.

"The big boss wants to see you ASAP," he said still fidgeting.