Chapter Ten

Katherine

The next day went by quickly. I did not see Conner or Brandon, whichever his name was, neither did I see Sydney. I had just met her, but strangely, I missed her bubbly personality.

When I got home from work, I decided to tell Kimberly about my date with Caspian. I was about to call her when she came barging in.

She looked at me with hurt written all over her face. "You haven't talked to me in days," she said looking close to tears. "I missed you."

"You didn't call. I didn't call and I'm pretty sure you have been busy with Callum." I accused.

She let out a laugh at my statement.

"Callum has been really loving this past few days. He has taken me on countless dates," she said.

"Sure." I realized I couldn't lie to her forever, so I told her.

"Are you kidding me?" She asked incredulously. "The guy basically told you he wanted to sleep with you, and here you are going on a date with him without thinking. As much as I think he is a hunk, and dating your boss is kinda kinky, I don't think you should give in this easily." She sounded disappointed and that hurt me.

Actually, what was I thinking? That he'll fall in love with me in the process? Get a grip Katherine.

It had been a long time a guy actually wanted to go out with me, and probably, Caspian asking me out made me think I actually had a chance at love. I couldn't just call him up and cancel since I didn't have his number and a little part of me was still a little excited about it.

Kimberly sensed I was over thinking and said, "If you really want to go out with him, then go. But do not sleep with him." Well she didn't need to tell me that. "And if he tries to force you into anything you don't want to do, don't hesitate to call me. Okay?"

She was the bestest friend I could ever ask for.

I knew I wasn't going to sleep with him, but there was just an inching to . . . know him.

"Thank you, Kim." I was really grateful. She was like my mom.

"No problem. Just don't let it happen again. You can tell Mama bear anything," she said with a reassuring smile.

I was glad that was over. Immediately after she left, I got a text from Aiden. It read;

When can we schedule that meeting? I want to talk to you. It's urgent.

A.C

The message left my heart pounding. I didn't even know how he got my new number!

I decided not to reply and dropped my phone like it was on fire.

***

It was Sunday. The day of the date. I don't know why, but I was nervous. There was something about Caspian. He made me want to . . . know him, and not in that way.

It was finally eight. I slipped on a red dress which had a slit on the side and black heels. I styled my hair into a French twist and applied minimal make-up.

While putting on my shoes I heard a knock on the door. I took a deep breath and opened it. The sight before me made my mouth water.

I inspected Caspian from head to toe, and boy did I feel fuzzy all of a sudden. He was dressed in a grey suit, his hair combed back and a bouquet of roses in hand. Something at the back of my mind told me not to give in, but I couldn't help it.

"Good evening, milady," he said with a fake British accent. I couldn't help but let out a small laugh at how ridiculous he sounded. "These are for you," he said with a smile, extending the bouquet to me. The roses looked and smelled lovely.