1. Pleasant Valley Sunday

Sunday 9th October 2016

I was walking down Chapel street with my best friend Joseph. We walked past a cafe and in the window there was a poster. "Hey Joseph, check this out!" I yelled with excitement. "What?" He answered. "Read this! Band contest, All ages, first prize a trip to Los Angeles 1966 where you will meet The Beach Boys and watch them record Pet Sounds and go on set with The Monkees." "What?! When is it?" Joseph said looking excited. "Sunday 9th October... that's today!" I said with excitement. "We better call the boys up" Joseph said while getting his phone out.

One hour later...

It was our turn to go on stage. "Boy I'm nervous" Tommy said staring at the stage. "Well here goes nothing" I said as we walked on stage. "Your bands name and name of song" the judge with a bit of anger. "We're The Sky Rockats and we're singing Surfer Girl by The Beach Boys.

Little surfer little one
Made my heart come all undone
Do you love me, do you surfer girl
Surfer girl my little surfer girl

I have watched you on the shore
Standing by the ocean's roar
Do you love me do you surfer girl
Surfer girl surfer girl

We could ride the surf together
While our love would grow
In my Woody I would take you everywhere I go
So I say from me to you
I will make your dreams come true
Do you love me do you surfer girl
Surfer girl my little surfer girl
Well
Girl surfer girl my little surfer girl
Well
Girl surfer girl my little surfer girl
Well
Girl surfer girl my little surfer girl

After we finished singing, the crowd and the judge started applauding us. "I guess they liked us" Jeremy said I bit surprised. I giggled "I think they do." "Thank you Sky Rockats. We'll let you know in a couple of days" the judge said with a big smile. "Thank you!" We all said.

Two days later...

I was helping my mum with the housework when the phone rang. "G'day mate!" I chuckled. "Yeah it's Nadine here. What? Really? Wow, thank you." I slammed the phone down and yelled " Mum we won!" I was jumping up and down. I couldn't believe we won!