4. Sweet Young Thing

Monday 17th October 1966

Today was the day we started filming an episode of The Monkees. I got out of bed and did the usual things before I sat down for breakfast. "Here, take a look at this" Jeremy said as he handed me some pieces of paper. It read... The Monkees: Everywhere a Sheik, Sheik. "You get to kiss Davy Jones!" Tommy teased. Everyone started to laugh at me cause I was blushing. I tried to hide it but I couldn't. "Shall we get going?" Joseph said. "Yeah let's go!" I said a little too excited.

We walked into the filming studio and had a look around. I herd a Texan voice behind me ask "Are you The Sky Rockats?" I turned around to see Mike Nesmith. "Yes that's us" Dominic answered. "Then you must be Betty Young right?" "Right" I answered. "Davy wants to meet you" he said. "Really?" I asked. I could feel my cheeks were bright red. "Follow me" Mike chuckled. We walked across the studio. I could see a short man with a couple of girls. As we got closer, I realised who it was Davy Jones. I froze stiff. I can't believe I have to kiss Davy Jones I thought to myself. At that moment, Davy started walking towards us. "Ello love" Davy greeted me. "G'day" I said nervously. Davy chuckled "Australian?" "Yes I am" I answered. "Hey Betty here's your costume. The change room is that way." Some man said to me while pointing down the hall. "Thank you, sir" I nodded politely. "See ya soon, love" Davy smiled.