12. Saturday's Child

Wednesday 21st December 1966

Betty's POV

Today is my birthday. I'm 20 years old today. Woo Hoo! I woke up to the smell of pancakes. Mmmm my favourite! I got up and walked to the kitchen and sat down at the table.

"Happy birthday babe" Micky said as he kissed me on the cheek. "Thanks" I smiled. We ate breakfast and played a few games.

"It looks like a nice day outside. Shall we go for a walk?" Micky asked. I had a look outside. The sun was out and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. "Sounds good" I answered.

We started walking down the street and we came across a park. I ran towards the swings. We played on the swings for quite sometime. "Hey there's a nice gazebo over there. You wanna check it out?" Micky asked pointing to the other side of the park. "Ok" I answered.

As we walked towards the gazebo, I noticed there were a few people there. We walked closer and one of them turned around. It was Joseph. "Surprise! Happy Birthday Betty!" Everyone yelled. "I... thank you guys!" I said. I couldn't believe they did this for me. Everyone was there. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around. "Hope you don't mind but Paul, George and Ringo wanted to come to the party" John said. I saw the other Beatles behind him. I waved. "Yeah of course that's fine" I said. "Happy Birthday" the three Beatles said. "I've got you a present" Ringo said as he passed it over to me. I opened it up and it was transistor radio. "Awesome thanks Ringo" I said as I gave him a hug.
"Open this up" Brian said. I opened it and it was vinyl record of Pet Sounds. I didn't have it on vinyl so I was really happy with it. Joseph gave me a red guitar with black edges. It was beautiful.

"I got this for you" Micky said as he handed me the gift. I opened it and it was a gorgeous necklace with a small gold heart. "Aww thank you Micky" I said as I kissed him. "Get a room!" John yelled. We all laughed. "There is one more thing" Micky said. He wait to the drum kit (I didn't notice there were instruments there) while Peter, Davy and Mike grabbed there instruments. They started playing a song I didn't know.

Monday had a sad child
Always feeling low down,
Tuesday had a dream child
She's always on the go
So I'm in love with Saturday's child

Every time you take her out at night
(She drives me wild)
You want to kiss and hold her way up tight
(Gonna spend my time)
You can tell the future's looking bright
(Making sure that Saturday's child is mine)

If you love a Wednesday
You live your life apart now
And if you love a Thursday
She's gonna break your heart,
So I'm in love with Saturday's Child

Every time you hold her close you'll see
(She drives me wild)
You can feel the thrill that's gonna be
(Gonna spend my time)
Now the future has a guarantee
(Making sure that Saturday's child is mine)

Seven days of the week made to choose from
But only one is right for me
I know that Saturday's got what it takes, babe.
I can tell by the way she looks at me.

Friday likes the good life
She'll take you for a ride now
And Sunday makes a good wife
She wants to be your bride
So I'm in love with Saturday's child

Every time you take her out at night
(She drives me wild)
You want to kiss and hold her way up tight
(Gonna spend my time)
You can tell the futures looking bright
(Making sure that Saturday's child is mine)

"I wrote that for you Betty" Micky smiled shyly. I had teary eyes. This time last year I'd never thought this would happen. "Thank you!" I said as I give Micky the biggest hug ever. "Thanks everyone for making this the best birthday ever!" Everyone cheered. We spent the whole afternoon at the park.

That night I jumped into bed with Micky. "I feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have a boyfriend like you" I said nuzzling into his neck. "And I'm the luckiest man to have a girl like you" he said. I kissed him and said "I love you." "I love you too" he said as he kissed me back.