14. Sometime In The Morning

Monday 2nd January 2017

It was a long 14 and a half hour flight from Los Angles to Melbourne. I was glad to get off that airplane. I grabbed my suitcases and hailed a taxi back home. It felt weird driving on the left side of the road again. As we were driving, I couldn't stop thinking about Micky. I had been silently sobbing the hole plane trip and still was.

The taxi driver pulled up to a familiar house. Our house was easy to spot. It's the only 1950's house with a white picket fence in town. I got out of the car and was greeted by my 10 year old brother Ritchie. "I missed you so much, sis!" Ritchie yelled with excitement. "I missed you too, Rich!" I said as I gave him a big hug. My Mum and Dad came running out. "We missed you so much rascal!" My Dad said. 'Rascal' was my nickname. I gave my parents the biggest hug. They helped me with my luggage and we sat down to have a chat. "So, tell us everything that happened" Mum said eagerly. I was scared to tell them about Brian but I didn't want a repeat of what happened with Joseph. So I told them everything. About Brian, John and Micky. "Well we're not to happy you let Brian kiss you but we are happy that you told us the truth" Mum said. I gave her another hug.

While we were talking, my cheeky brother went through my things and found the photo album. So we spent all afternoon laughing at some of the photos. I herd the door open and shut. "Would you like to see some photos I took?" Joseph asked. I had no idea he took some photos. "Sounds good" Dad said. Joseph got his phone out. "This is my favourite one" he said as he handed the phone to my parents. I had a look and it was a picture of me and Micky when we first met. A single tear ran down my cheek as I remembered that day. I really did love him. It wasn't like a high school crush. It was real love.

I jumped into bed early then I usually do. "You really do love Micky don't you?" Mum asked. I nodded as I silently sobbed. "Don't worry sweetie, you'll see him again one day" she said. I wanted to believe that but I couldn't. I'll never see him again.
----------------------------------------------
Tuesday 14th February 1967

Micky's POV

The last month or so have been hard for me. Today was Valentine's Day, and Betty wasn't here. Peter had come over to hangout with me since he didn't have a girlfriend. "I know you miss her Micky. We all do" Peter said as he rubbed my back. It was 10:30 in the morning and we decided to play some bored games when there was a knock on the door. I opened it to see a gentleman and a lady. "Hello, my name is Jeff Young and this is my wife Vallari" the man said in an Australian accent as he shook my hand. I was confused. "We're Betty's parents" Vallari said. My mouth was wide open. "Sorry to bother you but you don't mind us coming in to have a chat?" He asked."No not at all. Come in" I ushered them in. I introduced them to Peter and we sat down to have a cuppa. We had a great chat. They're such lovely people. After they left I rang Mike and Davy and told them to meet me at the airport. I rushed to my bedroom and packed my things and called for a taxi. I was so happy! I was gonna see Betty again.
----------------------------------------------
Tuesday 14th February 2017

Betty's POV

There was a Valentine's Day fundraising dance at our local hall. I decided to go even though I didn't have a date. It was for a good cause. I was dancing with Joseph when my Dad walked up on stage. "Ladies and Gentleman, may I have your attention please. Singing there new song 'Sometime In The Morning'... The Monkees!"

Sometime in the morning
A simple thought may occur to you,
And you hold her,
And tell her all the things you never told her
Your love has shown me things
I never thought I could see
I didn't know (I didn't know)
It could be done so easily now I know (now I know)
You're where it is for me

Sometime in the evening
You're sitting there by the fireside
And she'll touch you
And you'll realize how much you never knew before,
How much you couldn't see
You didn't know (you didn't know)
It could be done so easily now you know
She's all a girl could be

Now in her childlike eyes
You see the beauty there
You know it was always there
And you need no longer wear a disguise

Sometime in the morning
You'll just reach out and she will be there,
Close as the summer air

Sometime in the morning (she will be there) she will be there

Everyone cheered. I was standing there. I couldn't believe Micky was here. He spotted me in the crowd. He smiled. I ran up on the stage and hugged him. Everyone went "aww." I couldn't believe what happened next. "Betty, I loved you from the moment I saw you. I knew you were the one for me. And I couldn't stand living without you there beside me. I guess what I'm trying to say is..." he got down on one knee and pulled out a small box with a diamond ring in it. "Will you marry me?" He asked. I couldn't believe it. I started crying with joy. "Yes. I do" I said crying. He got up and put the ring on my finger and kissed me passionately. We stared into each other's eyes while the crowd was cheering. I couldn't believe it. I was marring the love of my life. "I'm pregnant" I whispered. Micky smiled. I knew this was going to be an amazing adventure.

The End

A/N
They're getting married and expecting a bundle of joy! I hope you enjoyed my story! Thank you for reading it.

- Nadine ❤️