6. She Hangs Out

Friday 21st October 1966

Finally it was Friday. The studio bell rang and I was hurrying back to the hotel to get ready for the date. I picked out a beautiful 1950's dress tskin tone with light purple flowers on it and some lavender heels and a lavender cardigan.

Micky picked me up from the hotel in the Monkeemobile and took me to a restaurant in Hawthorne. We walked in and went to our table. "You look beautiful tonight Betty" he said as he held my hand. "Thank you" I blushed. "You look handsome tonight" I complimented. "Thank you" Micky Smiled.

We talked for what felt like hours. The DJ played the song Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley. "May I have this dance?" Micky asked while reaching his hand out. I nodded and he took my hand and led me to the dance floor. He put his hands on my hips as I put my arms around his neck. We started swaying back and forth. We were staring into each others eyes.

Micky's POV

Betty looked gorgeous under the lights. She looked like an angel. I really want to kiss her but should I? I thought to myself. I will.

Betty's POV

Micky looked like he was in deep thought. "Is everything alright" I asked concerned. "Everything's perfect" he said. He started leaning towards me. His face was inches away from mine. Is he gonna kiss me? Yes he was. We were just about to kiss when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and nearly fainted when I saw who it was. It was John Lennon! He's always been my favourite Beatle. "May I have the next dance?" John asked sweetly. "I...I..." I tried talking but I couldn't say anything. John chuckled and looked over to Micky. "That's if Micky doesn't mind" John said looking at Micky then back to me. "Go ahead Betty. It's not everyday you get to dance with John Lennon" Micky said. "I'll find someone to talk to so don't worry about me" he finished. He tried to hide the jealousy but I still could see it. I nodded to John then he took my hand and pulled me on to the dance floor. We started dancing to Let Her Dance by The Bobby Fuller Four. "So is Micky your boyfriend?" John asked. "No I wish he was though" I mumbled the last part. "Ah so your single" John smirked. "Don't try to pull that John Lennon charm on me" I giggled. "It's not gonna work." "Ah but it is. Your dancing with me aren't you?" He smirked. I smiled and shook my head. The song ended and we started walking back to the table. "Look likes Micky found a friend to talk to" John said as he pointed to the table. I gasp when I saw it was Brian Wilson.
"Crap!" I whispered loud enough for John to hear. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I'm not meant to tell anyone so can you keep a secret?" I asked nervously. "Yeah sure" he answered. I explained what happens but little did I know someone else was listening.