8. You Bring The Summer

Saturday 22nd October 1966

The next morning I was eating my breakfast when I felt a tap on my shoulder. "How was last night? What happened?" Joseph asked with excitement. "Yeah tell us what happened!" Tommy said as he, Dominic and Jeremy walked in. "Calm down you guys! I'll tell you sooner or later" I giggled.

At that moment there was a knock on the door. I opened it and there he was, Micky Dolenz, holding a bunch of red roses. "Hello beautiful" Micky said as he kissed me on the cheek. "These are for you" he said as he handed me the roses. "Aww Thanks" I blushed. "Betty and Micky sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G" Tommy teased. "Haha very mature Tommy" I said as I rolled my eyes.
"Anyway, me and the other guys are having a picnic on the beach and we would like you guys to join us" Micky said. "Sounds great!" Dominic said with excitement. "Shall we go?" Micky asked. "Just hang on a sec. I need to grab my handbag" I said.
I went into the bedroom to get my handbag when the piece of paper Brian slipped me last night fell out. I wonder what it says. I started to open when I herd Jeremy yell "Hurry up Betty! We don't have all day!" "Coming!" I yelled back. I quickly put the note back in my handbag and rushed out to meet Micky. "Oh I hope you don't mind but I also invited John" said as he held my hand. "Of course I don't mind" I said smiling. "Who's John?" Jeremy asked. "My good friend John Winston Lennon" I answered in a British accent. "What?! You must of had a great night last night" Joseph said. "Yeah it was interesting" I said rubbing my bruises that I covered up with make-up.

We arrived at the beach 10 minutes later where we met up with Mike, Peter, Davy and John. The boys also had there girls with them. "Hi, you must be Betty. I'm Phyllis and this Christian" she greeted. "And I'm Cynthia" said Cyn. "Hi, nice to meet you" I said with a friendly smile. "And I'm Julian" Julian said as he ran up to me. "Hello Julian" I said with a smile. They all made me feel welcomed which was a nice change from Marilyn who seemed to be nasty from the beginning.
I had a nice chat with the girls and we played some beach volleyball for a while.

Dominic and I grabbed a couple of surfboards and ran in the water. I knocked over my bag over with the surfboard and the piece of paper fell out.
"Hey Betty, what's this?" John asked as he picked it up. "Some note Brian slipped me last night" I answered. "I haven't read it it yet. To be honest I'm too scared too read it" I added. "Well I can read it to you if you want" John said. "Sure" I answered. "It says... could we meet sometime? It also has his phone number and address. Are you gonna call him?" John asked. I took the piece of paper scrunched it and throw it away. "I don't need anymore drama in my life" I said walking towards the ocean. John got up and picked up the piece of paper. I better take it just in case John thought to himself.

After an hour of surfing I came back in to talk to Peter and Joseph. I didn't realise the makeup that was covering my bruises had worn off. "What happened to your face?" Peter asked. "I just fell. That's all" I lied. I didn't want him to know I got in a fight. "Oh. I over herd Micky and John say the Brian and Marilyn were there last night" Joseph said. "And that Marilyn herd you and Brian kissed each other in the closet. Did you?" He asked concerned. It has always been hard to keep secrets around him. I didn't want him to know the truth so I lied. "No we didn't kiss. He showed me the draft copy for the song Good Vibrations" I lied. He seemed to believe it."Oh cool" Joseph smiled. "Glad you didn't kiss him. You never seemed to be the type of girl to go around kissing married men" Joseph chuckled as he started walking towards the water. "Yeah" I sighed. "Why? Why did you lie?" Peter asked me. "I don't know... but how did you know I was lying?" I asked. "Micky told me, Mike and Davy last night. At that moment Mike, Davy and Micky walked up. They had herd the whole conversation. They stared at me. "Please keep it a secret" I begged. "Ok, we will" Mike said.
That night I couldn't get to sleep. Why did I lie. I was taught always to be honest. I cried myself to sleep that night.

A/N
Thank you everyone for reading my story. I really do appreciate it. Have a lovely day 😊
-Nadine