Part 11

I was startled awake by my phone. Checking the time I realized that I had been asleep for 16 hours. I unlocked my phone to read my new text.

Jess: Come quickly! Zane woke up!!!

I jumped out of the bed and opened the door. I almost tripped running down the stairs.

"Hey Tyler, where you going?" Jake asked from the couch.

"Zane woke up, can I get a ride?"

Jake scrambled to his feet and grabbed his keys from the counter. He followed me out the door. I was buckled before he even got in his car.

Pulling up in the hospital drop off area I jumped out of the car the second it came to a stop. I ran to the door and waited for it to open. Ignoring the rules I ran to the elevator. Punching the button multiple times impatiently the elevator finally arrived. Quickly pushing the level Zane was on I held the door close button. The ride up felt so slow i thought I was going to die from old age. Running right to Zane's room I burst through the door.

Zane's POV

The door burst open. "Tyler!" He came over to me and hugged me.

"Never do something like that again! I thought I had lost you!" Tyler started crying.

"I'm okay now Tyler. It's okay." I hugged him and let him cry into my shoulder.

It was a few minutes before Tyler's crying was reduced to sniffles. He held me at arms length, looking into my eyes. He slowly moved his hands to my face before bringing me into a deep and passionate kiss. I could feel how much he missed me.

A camera click sounded. I opened my eyes to see my mom taking a picture of Tyler and I. Tyler didn't care what was going on. He held the kiss a little longer before breaking it and hugging me again.

"Mom, why did you do that?"

"Your reunion was just so adorable I couldn't resist. Don't worry I'll send it to you," she said as she giggled.

"That's not the point, but thank you."

"Could you send it to me too?" Tyler asked.

"Sure thing dear," my mom replied.

"Since when did you two get so close?"

"You didn't tell him yet?" Tyler asked my mom.

"I just said a while, I didn't tell him the exact time."

"What is it? What exact time?" I asked them.

"Well, you were out for just over three weeks," Tyler answered.

"Three weeks?! I thought that a while would be like a couple days the way mom said it!"

"Well good news is you don't have to worry about making up school work. Since there wasn't much that I could do for you while you were healing I switched schools for you two. The year ended not long ago, so you get to start a fresh new year at a new school!" my mom declared looking at us excitedly.

"Alright mom, I'll give this new school a go, what about Tyler though?"

"It's fine, he's switching too!"

"Wait, I am?" Tyler asked.

Hmm, a new school could do some good. Also no one would ask me what happened, I thought to myself. No more Caleb and Tyler would be there too!