11 : Bread Crumbs On the Carpet

You sneezed. And then you sneezed again.

By now, you had already gotten Sting's attention. He was looking at you and your open mouth, as you felt yet another sneeze itching your throat. Two sneezes later, your nose was an unflattering red and your throat hurt from having repeatedly forced out sneezes.

"See, " Sting said, "I told you that you shouldn't have stayed out in the rain earlier."

"Hypocrite, " you hissed, rubbing your irritated nose, "you stayed out in the rain with me - and in even less clothing."

"Yeah but am I sneezing my ass off? No." You grumbled in defeat, largely because he had a solid argument, and because he had a point. Both of which did not happen often.

Sting slid his arm around your shoulder, looking away from you. "You better not get any more sick. I'm not gonna be looking after your ass."

"In sickness and in health, dipshit."

"Oh," Sting's expression is blank, as the rusty cogs in his brain are probably being put to use as he sifts through his memories. "Oh yeah."

You throw your feet on the sofa's arm and lie against Sting's steady shoulder, wiggling your toes as you splayed your limbs out like a cat. Sting's arm dropped to your waist, holding you as tightly as possible.

This was only one trivial afternoon. It was no different than any of the countless, lazy afternoons you spent with Sting cuddling and pointing out bread crumbs that littered the carpet, though never bothering to clean it up after.

It was all an afternoon should be ; hot enough that everyone was stuck indoors, leaving you bored enough to point out bread crumbs like you and Sting had done.

It was all so perfectly simple and perfect in its own way. Just a little drop of icing on a cake that was still in the making.

You huffed, throwing one foot over the other, before Sting began pulling on your shirt, calling your name repeatedly.

"Yeah, what is it?" you answered.

"Look," Sting pointed to a random part of the floor, you noticed a little sprinkle of yellow bread crumbs that was tangled in the fuzz of the carpet, "look at those bread crumbs."

Sting laughed like a child, and you couldn't help but grin as well, sharing his enthusiasm for the dots of food on the floor. Soon enough, the both of you began pointing to random spots on the floor, a candy wrapper here, and a splat of soda coloring the carpet several shades darker.

x x 

[ a/n ]:

Sorry, guys. I know the chapter's really, really short but this was all I had time for because I'm really, really busy now :((

Oh yeah I have a really important announcement to make :

Unlike the first two books, "Timeless" is going to be relatively short. I'm planning to cut this book off before 40 chapters, because I have so many other books to manage and I still have school :c

This will be the last book in the Sting x Reader series I'm making, unfortunately. And I'm really really sad that I'll finally be ending this series, because I love it so much.

But.

I will make these chapters the best chapters I can manage, because you guys deserve it, especially for sticking with my shit for three whole books. Love you guys!!

- Acnologia_Slayer