O7: annoying little mole rat

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

He deserved it.

♥♥♥

I took a deep breath. This was it. I'm going to approach Jack. Although I'm scared poopless he probably deserves a reason as to why I haven't been answering him. And I was going to tell him honestly, I don't think we should be friends and that we should put the bet off and return each other's stuff. Of course, that didn't mean I had to completely ignore him like I had been doing.

Jack was bringing back something inside me I've been avoiding for a long time. A brotherly figure possibly? No, definitely not. I shouldn't have even been in contact with him. Jack brought back happiness.

The brotherly happiness I felt long ago was stored far far away from me. Now though Jack was bringing it back, and I couldn't let him. I couldn't let the possibility of the truth falling out.

I walked to a table filled with everyone who was popular at this school. Jocelyn included sadly. She was part of the school's tennis team and kept a fake smile plastered on her face even when playing. Annoying Little Mole Rat...

Jack's best friends, Declan and Cole sat next to him. Cole was pretty short about my height of 5'5 while Declan was literally towering over people. Jack was pretty tall, way taller than me at least.

Finally arriving at the table everyone from the cheer and tennis team gave me the nastiest glares.

"Hey, Jack could talk to you a sec?" I asked nervously

"Why the fuck should I waste any of my time to talk to you, Maddison?" He snarled and continued to eat his food. Ouch. I couldn't lie that hurt, okay maybe I didn't answer his calls but I would rather stick sporks in my eyes than have Jack Winters publicly humiliate me. I felt everyone's eyes suddenly glued to me even though a second ago I was nothing.

"Because we need to talk" I shot back my voice a bit shaky since I was about to cry.

I saw Declan nudge Jack with his elbow as Jack sighed before getting up from the table to follow me. I lead him to the library and sat down in a chair as he followed my actions.

"What is it, Maddie?" He growled obviously more annoyed than I anticipated.

"Jack I-"

"And let me make it clear I don't want some bullshit excuse. Oh, Jack, we can't be friends anymore! No Maddison you are going to sit here and explain every-fucking-thing" He was starting to scare me and I think he could see that as his eyes turned a shade lighter than before and softened.

"J-"

"Maddison." He said sternly.

"I CAN'T DO THE BET OKAY? CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME BE?" I yelled forgetting my surroundings as even the librarian heard me, but she didn't 'shush' me because she was interested.

I didn't let the full truth out and I slipped up a bit at the end but overall he seemed taken aback and processed my words. He noticed me looking at everyone watching us and tensed up.

"BACK TO WORK PEOPLE" Jack yelled his eyes turning the dark shade again as he was obviously agitated again.

"I'm sorry" I whispered thinking he couldn't hear me. I was sorry. Sorry I couldn't be friends with the one person that made me happy other than Cassie.

"Maddie Baby you don't have to be sorry, but you also can't just shut me out like that," Jack said looking into my eyes trying to read every emotion in me.

I haven't even known him that long but it was true, he made me happy and I couldn't just shut him out.

"I just can't after...Him." I even whispered the last part trying to process. It wasn't supposed to come out but it did.

By him I meant Ryder, Ryder only hit me when he was frustrated. After my Grandma died let's just say he got really frustrated. Before that, we were on cloud nine. When he first began to hit me I didn't think much of it. And that's all he ever did nothing extreme until that day.

"Who Mads?" Jack asked his voice turned hard and raspy like someone had just said his mother died. Not even Cassie knew about Ryder, but I knew Jack wouldn't let it go.

"Ryder. My Older Brother."

♥♥♥

juicy, juicy.

stay classy bitches - peachy

stay classy bitches - peachy♥