11: are we all adopted?

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Today was the day; I fought with my Dad all night and that's all that flashed through my head as Cassie drove her blue buggy.

"He wasn't going to hurt you guys!" My father yelled at the top of his lungs

"Wasn't going to hurt us? No, you're right. He wasn't; he was going to kill us." I screeched back as memories of Jane and I  tied up screaming for help plastered in my brain.

"He is your brother Maddison," My dad said sternly his green eyes studying my every movement

"No Dad, that's what started this. He is not my brother!" My father looked taken aback at my response. Ryder was always treated like part of the family and I didn't find out he was adopted till I was thirteen. It was my mom and dad's fault for not telling him sooner. Instead, they waited till he was 18, and by then mom had moved out.

"What happened to you. You aren't my daughter" My father sighed running his hands through his grey-ish blonde hair.

"Ha. Is that the catch? Are we all adopted? Ryder was going to murder me and a five-year-old girl. I can't believe you're just going to forgive and forget!"

After our heated argument last night we decided it was best we drove in different cars, and that Dad would go home with Ryder while Cassie took me out for ice cream.

We arrived at the court where they were releasing him and walked in. The discomforting feeling in my stomach grew far more when I had actually seen Ryder. His hair had grown now and he had a bit of facial hair all over his chin. He caught my eye and smirked knowing that I couldn't avoid him forever and he'd be able to once again take out his frustration on me; whenever he pleased.

After a couple hours he was released and we were all outside. Including my mother; but not Jane she wouldn't dare bring the girl who was scarred for life.

"Well, Maddie be home by 8" My dad came smiled putting on an act in front of my mother.

"Whatever" I sneered and followed Cassie to her car. As planned we didn't get ice cream, instead, we made our way to Jack's house.

♥♥♥

We arrived and February answered the door.

"Hey!" She smiled which I returned once again, Cassie looked confused but I ignored it as we said our hello's and walked up to Jack's room.

"Hello you pig," Cassie said to Jack as he was eating an entire bag of chips. A Family Sized Bag Of Chips.

"MADDIE!" Jack squealed as Cassie scoffed.

"Glad to know I'm appreciated here." She said with a hint of amusement in her voice.

"Cassie!" Jack squealed less loud than before and she rolled her eyes

"Shove a cactus up your ass" she smiled as Jack pulled me in for a hug

"That seems like it would hurt," I said quietly but loud enough for them to hear. Jack let go of me and I noticed him and Cassie was looking at me with 'are you dumb' looks.

"No fucking shit Sherlock" Jack laughed loudly and Cassie and I couldn't help but join in.

After Jack and Cassie cheered me up the moment I dreaded the most came faster than expected. Going home. Jack offered to come with Cassie and I but explained that might make things worse. We said our goodbyes and exited the house.

"Are you ready?" Cassie asked as she began driving

"Aww is Cassie Smith worried about Lil ol me?" I smiled trying to enlighten the mood that quickly fell when she frowned

"I'm serious Mads," she said and I sighed.

"Not really" Cassie gave me a sad smile and continued to drive.

♥♥♥

When we arrived I saw something unusual; my mother's car.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Cassie asked as I hesitantly opened the passenger door to her car.

"Yeah, Cas get some rest. Love you" I smiled.

"Love you too you moron" Cassie giggled as I dramatically rolled my eyes.

This was it I was finally going to face the one person I fear the most on the face of this earth. Ryder Linden.

♥♥♥

You now that feeling when your entire stomach feels numb because so many butterflies are ramming at your tummy?

Yeah, when I walked through the doors of my own home that's what I felt. When I saw the familiar face in our humble abode. When I took a seat next to the person who once hit and kidnapped me. When I looked into the person who blamed me for everything in their horrible life's eyes.

When I heard for the first time in months"Hello there Maddison" come from my brother's mouth.

♥♥♥

"I'm gonna go use the toilet," I said as politely as possible to my family.

Truly I wanted to get away from them.

It was sickening how they acted as if Ryder wasn't crazy.

They acted like we were all just a happy family having a reunion.

After I had composed myself and took a deep breath walking out the doors.

"Hello there Maddison" my brother smirked and I scoffed.

"Hello, there asshat" I only swore if I despised someone. A true hatred had to be formed before I used the language that Cassie usually used.

"Seems like you've grown quite the mouth" Ryder pushed me against the wall and connected his mouth to my neck, trailing kisses down it as I tried shoving him off.

Note tried.

"We're going to have to fix that" he growled not before slapping me on my face and walking into the bathroom; leaving me completely shocked.

♥♥♥

stay classy hedgies- peachy♥