31: 'abnormalness'

"Oh I'm so excited!" My mom screeched, fixing Harold's tie

My father rolled his eyes as Mari too fixed up his; my mother watched them intently glaring at Mari.

I stood awkwardly watching them, hoping they wouldn't act so abnormal in front of The Winters.

The doorbell rang and filled everyone is the house's ears; I quickly scurried to go pick it up.

First May came in, wearing a pretty tutu and her hair in pigtails, Then Ash whom was just wearing casually jeans and a tee shirt, The Winter couple came next; both dressed as if they were attending some sort of gala.

Jack came last wearing a checkered button - up shirt and bowtie.

"Hello my princess" he whispered in my ear as I rolled my eyes playfully and lead him to sit next to me at the table.

♥♥♥

"Cupcake eat something!" Jack sighed; agitated.

"Listen to your boyfriend Maddie!" My mother sighed in a similar tone as Jack's.

I haven't been eating since Cassie's funeral, I know it's not normal. That's what they all say. I'll eat and think about her; immediately throwing up.

"Ciao! You guys have fun I'm taking Maddie to go eat her favorite" Jack smirked knowing I couldn't resist the gooey sensation of pizza.

"No your not." Mrs. Winters scolded "what's your favorite Maddison dear?"

"...Pizza ma'am" I said uncomfortable mentioning what must seem like peasant food to her.

"Ah splendid! I have a recipe on my phone straight from Italy" I smiled my big goofy grin "come help me child."

I nodded and followed her into the kitchen as I helped her gather all the correct ingredients.

"So, why is a girl like you dating a boy like mine" she laughed beggining to pour baking soda into a measuring cup.

"We've been through a lot together; I really do like him..." She looked at me and smiled going back to what she did.

"He's changed because of you...Seems happier every day. Although I really think we should change the dinner subject once in a while" my eyes widened, they talked about me at dinner in their home!?

"I'm happy I could be of assistance in your Jacky boy's transformation!" I announced; covering my mouth seconds after I realized what I'd just said.

She laughed " so, you like him? What about love"

I thought about it for a moment "how do you know when your in love?"

She mixed her ingredients slowly looking up and smiling at me.

"When all you can think about is that person, and even though you may hate it you just can't seem to get them out of your mind"

That's when I realized I was in love with Jack Winters.

♥♥♥

We had finished the delicious pizza in minutes and Jack and I were in my room, staring into each other's eyes.

"Jack" I whimpered as a tear rolled down my cheek in a perfectly straight line.

"Maddie baby, why are you crying?" He laughed using his sleeve to wipe the tear off my face.

"I - I think I'm" I started and he nodded to go on, concern edging his face "I think I'm in love with you!"

His eyes widened before a Cheshire cat grin appeared upon his face and he crashed his lips onto mine.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear that" he laughed relieved.

♥♥♥

boo